Trigger Safe on Semi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Safe on Semi?

QUick one guys, rewiring a V2 gearbox in an old ABS Marui M4. Put in an element trigger switch assembly and wires. Put it all back together, but at the moment, putting the gun on safe, is very very hard work to push it there, and then when its on semi, the trigger doesn pull, so its still on safe. Flick it to auto and I have trigger movement.

Sadly I cant see if it fires until I get the battery connectors changed at the weekend, but I dont think a test fire will right itself.

What am I looking for?

Re: Trigger Safe on Semi?

on the back of the selector switch is a small lever. That locates into the semi-circle cut out on the selector plate on the side of the gear box.

Lift he gear box out again and make sure your selector plate is in SEMI (the middle of its backward / forward slide movement.

Ensure your selector switch on the side of the gun is also in SEMI and insert the gearbox carefully.

That SHOULD be problem solved - if not, i would need to see it to help diagnose.

Comment

okay, fairly sure I had it all set up in semi before I put it in. If it helps, its very stiff going into that vertical/safe position. not really sure why its doing that, my best guess is a slight inconsistency in size between the new switch assembly?

Ive just put the bugger back together for now, so will probably have another go at it next week as im away for the weekend anyways. Still havent even packed for saturdays game!

Comment

as above sounds as if the gearbox isn't fitted correctly into the lower receiver.

I had a slight problem like this before, the screw the holds the saftey lever (plastic part under the trigger) was too tight and wouldn't allow the selector plate to move it freely,

This means opening up the gear box again tho
        Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

The problem happened with the gearbox out the gun so definately an internal problem. I'll try loosening that screw. Don't mind opening it again!

Comment

You may have located the position of the safety lever wrong inside.

If you open the gearbox up, and ensure that when the selector switch is in the 'safe' position, the lever is in the right position (stopping the trigger being pulled, around 10-11 o'clock angle)

Also, make sure the spring that returns the lever when it is in semi is installed correctly....it's kind of like a giant anti-reversal latch spring.

Hope this makes sense :/
            How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
            Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
            And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Before you open it up, check the spring is sat properly on the trigger blocker, its on the front edge of the box and should be visible. You'll see straight away if it's not sat properly, and it can cause the safety to behave strangely.
              Buy my stuff!

Comment

What do you know, we connected a massive battery, and wired it on auto, and the problem fixed itself!

Comment

hmmmm, sledgehammer and walnut spring to mind!

still, a result is a result.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                  Working...
                  X