• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 upgrades

Was thinking of getting the following upgrades for my p90:

HurricanE M100 tune-up kit - p90

Mad Bull 6.03mm 247mm tightbore

I think 247mm is the length of the standard barrel so will this mad bull one fit OK?

Do I need to fit anything else if I get the tune-up kit? I've heard that it may wreck the gun as it's powerful. I was thinking of maybe using the original spring and/or spring guide if it's too powerful (especially on the airsoft sites with low FPS ratings)

Any help would be much appreciated
    Wanted:
    A decent chronograph

Re: P90 upgrades

if its a standard TM p90, you wont need too upgrade it at all. the hop makes up for the lower power. i was outranging many guns with mine. they are fatastic as the are. box mag, (chinese one. 20 quid ) and a large battery will make it the almighty CQB weapon the are

Comment

hi mate i run a classic army g36 and i have put the huracane m100 tune up kit with no problems at all it put the fps around 350 i also run a g36c what i put the same kit in but not the spring and that kick's out 330 fps have put more than 50,000 round's through the gun and still going strong your's should be fine aslong as you put the metal bushing's what come with the kit
      just bring it u will fail
      armoury ics para aneversary + ics cqb top body ca g36c with full metal front ca g36k with full metal front
      2 we 1911 tm bihazard desert eagle
      systema m4 ptw uprated tm predeter p90 classic p90 tri rail

Comment

Have just ordered the tightbore. Think I'll leave the tune-up kit for now as I mostly play in CQB places where the limits are 330 and 300 FPS.

One of the main reasons for thinking about the upgrade was about longevity, but by the sounds of things the standard fittings shouls last me ages anyway.... I hope!
        Wanted:
        A decent chronograph

Comment

tm are renowned for reliability

Comment

He learns quickly...TM guns (especially P90s) are absolute rocks.

My advice continues to be a tightbore and a 1J. The P90 is my favourite gearbox to work on, so easy to get into, and all the wiring and selector bits, along with motor, come away from the gearbox, so no tiny bits are going to ping out when you open it. Hell that was a long sentence.

Comment

I'd give it metal bushings. And seeing as you'll be in there, why not give it an M100 too? Or whatever spring, to give you a desired FPS.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Just seen the Well P90 on youtube - I can see why no one is recommending that gun!

I was thinking of getting one of their mags as they were cheaper, but er, no thanks!!!!!
                Wanted:
                A decent chronograph

Comment

they wont fit the tm one.......

they new acm ones do i belive

Comment

My TM P90 is box standard. It fires BB's at 280fps and still ranges the Chinese clones that kick out 350fps. As usual TM quality never fails to impress.

Comment

and the internals can take a pounding. i ran mine off a 10.8v for a whole day when it was standard. not even a flinch

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks guys, you've been helpful as usual.

What are the ACM mags like? What rounds do they hold and do they jam?
                        Wanted:
                        A decent chronograph

Comment

Apparently the lowcaps are fine. The hicaps I plan to stay away from, they jam. I was going to get some of the lowcaps until I managed to secure some TM ones on here.

Comment

Just fitted the tightbore - madcap 6.03mm

Does exactly what everyone has said it will do - most noticably the groupings are much closer (making it easier to zero my sights!) and there's definately some more power behind it as shots have started breaking things it had trouble doing before.

Once again thanks guys!
                            Wanted:
                            A decent chronograph

Comment

im looking to do kinda the same to mine, although i want to get the battery compartment modded so that i can fit a larger battery in and aslo want a 1j spring put in and then put metal bushings in it and also maybe a get a tighten barrel. what do you guys think?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grantos Find out more about Grantos
                              Working...
                              X