Lipo/Mosfet advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo/Mosfet advice

Ok I have just broke my wiring loom on my G&P front wired gearbox so have decided to change it to a rear wired. Now I would like to change to Lipos and use a mosfet. Does a mosfet fit in oneside of a G&P stock tube and the lipo in the other end? Where is the best place to get a rear wired/mosfet loom from, can't get one from Zero One as they dont do them. Also I would like to get one in the UK if possible.

Re: Lipo/Mosfet advice

Hey mate, it doesn't if you have a rear or front wired mosfet. I have just fitted an ab mosfet to a G&P stock, the way I found best is to extend the wires so the mosfet / deans connector shows at the end of the stock tube once it's screwed onto the upper. This makes it easier to fit the stock tube retaining bolt. You may need to cut a piece of metal from the stock holder so you can thread the wires through. Once done you can fit even a 11.1 long stick type battery although it will stick out about 1 inch so you won't be able to close the stock all the way.

Sorry if my description is crap, if you need anymore help I'm happy to do some pics.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mrpugster View Post
      Hey mate, it doesn't if you have a rear or front wired mosfet. I have just fitted an ab mosfet to a G&P stock, the way I found best is to extend the wires so the mosfet / deans connector shows at the end of the stock tube once it's screwed onto the upper. This makes it easier to fit the stock tube retaining bolt. You may need to cut a piece of metal from the stock holder so you can thread the wires through. Once done you can fit even a 11.1 long stick type battery although it will stick out about 1 inch so you won't be able to close the stock all the way.

Sorry if my description is crap, if you need anymore help I'm happy to do some pics.

Cheers
      If you could do some pics it would be great, just trying to workout if the lipo battery and the mosfet sit together in the rear end of the stock tube, or if the lipo sits in the rear and the mosfet sits in the front end. Sorry about this it's my first time thinking about using lipo and mosfet.

Comment

LIPO out of the stock tube

Everything back in. I could push it all down and squeeze it all in if I wanted but you need to be a bit careful not to bend the mosfet wires too much or they make break. If it means I can't retrack the stock to position 1 then no big deal. A shorter 11.1 would probably fit ok and allow me to close the stock.

The mosfet is a cheap Silverback Passive Breaked one.

Hope this helps a little...

Comment

Thank you very much helped loads.. Just need to find a UK seller if possible now lol.

Comment

if you are going to re-wire your gearbox get yourself some 16awg teflon wire. Its only around 2.001mm in outer diameter so is a lot thinner and its giving you the 16 gauge for the mosfet. Ebay.com sell it.

theres plenty of sellers that will sell mosfets, just getting a kit i take it youre meaning rather than just a version 2 switch and wire, doing it your self
            Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

No im after one of the complete kits like this, but I can't find one that will ship to the UK without the shipping being more than 3 times the price of the kit.

Comment

Sorry wrong pic thats front wired, this one.

Comment

whats the total price for the kit and the shipping (in GBP)

Comment

The best one that we've been using lipo/buttube friendly are Infected mosfets. They are quite small the size of a 20 pence coin.

Comment

heres one in action

Comment

Hey bro that's my personal video, thanks for sharing

Comment

Here are some more of my set ups for customers, installing an infected mosfet.

Comment

Originally posted by centaur View Post
                            Hey bro that's my personal video, thanks for sharing
                            Funny enough my pictures from my rear mosfet are from the same gun as in your video, G&P MOE :-)

One tip if doing this wire job is to use silicon coated wire in the stock, makes it easier to push the mosfet back down into the stock tube.

Comment

Originally posted by centaur View Post
                              Here are some more of my set ups for customers, installing an infected mosfet.

Hey Centaur, did you order your infected mosfet directly from the US? I like how you wrapped the 3rd thin wire round the other two :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostWolf Find out more about GhostWolf
                              Working...
                              X