CTW Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTW Upgrades

Ok here goes, if anyone has any questions PM me, or ask here :-)

The Team Alpha comes with an extra o ring on the outside of the hop sleeve spacer (brass) make sure this is not forgotten / lost if you take the barrel out ( this is not in Mx2s and shouldnt be fitted to Mx2s , as the upper erceiver wont close if yoiu put one in there!) It spaces the cylinder and the hop barrel combination correctly , and without it your FPS may be out, as well as your cylinder /gear mesh, because the cylinder and hop sleeve are not held together as much)

Make sure you wind the hop fully on(allen key grub screw wound out!) for as many Hours as possible to allow the hop tubes/pillows to reshape, before attempting to set the hop (otherwise as the pillows/tubes go back to shape the hop tension changes as they grow) Remember that when you screw the grub screw IN the hop goes off and the pillows are under most presure ( If you really want to you can use systema tubes, as above, but the standard is fine upto .28s , as long as the nub ends are glued)

If you can dismantle the hop / barrel (check it doesnt effect warranty!) , check that the hop roller has been glued to the aluminium hop ring( ensuring that you only glue the ends( this gives a consistent hop up to .28/ .30s , but you can use a bigger roller, as above if you wish ) My Mx2 had the roller glued , the team alpha did not, make sure you only glue the ends with Cyanoclorite (superglue) very litely , dont get any on the actual nub for obvious reasons.

With regard to Mags, the standard CTW mags need lubricating with silicone oil ( you can spray some bbs in a loader and down the mag feeder (but obviously the loader will be contaminated and so will the bbs) and then load the magazine and unload a few times or , take the mags to pieces, and oil them (very fiddly and lots of bits to loose if you havent done it before)(but the CTW mags are also glued together as well as screwed, sometimes the glue has got onto the spring ! ) (you can check for this by taking the outer casing of the plastic inner and loading the mags while watching the spring compress) You can do without , but if you get misfeeds or chopped bbs, this is the most likely cause.
    Another Mag tip is that there is a little window in the side of the mag , when you see bbs appear in this dont load any more bbs, its full :-) you can get more in but the mag wont like it !!

There are a few mods to the feeder body/ hop sleeve that have already been done on the team Alphas, which werent done on then mx2 (essentially take the squares edges from where the air nozzle enetrs the chamber and the feed lips and edges where the bbs enter the chamber - These are already Done on Team Alpha, but worth checking .

Batterys Should be 11.1v Lipo 1200- 1400 mah with 20 c rating ( celcius own battery seems to out perfrom most others , but costs more ! ) for the standard cylinders (blue spring)

Its late, and I have been driving most of the day ( good to see the madwelshman and Phil today :-) so if I rememeber any more, I will add, any questions just ask.

Obviously there are quite a few mods you can do, but these simple checks, will give you a gun that will hit 50cm x 50cm box at 45meters, with 3 out of 5 bbs( the other 2 are just outside) as the gun comes in the box with no extra cost with .25 bbs.

Remember , your bbs are probably the single most important item in your Team Alpha , as its accuracy is most effected by them.

About the Author

Collapse

MarcusDodd Find out more about MarcusDodd
Working...
X