Hot motor and tamiya connectors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot motor and tamiya connectors!

Hey, i was just wondering what is wrong if my motor gets really hot, and this is just after about one mag, and my ASCU is getting hot too! I am using a 9.6v 3600mah and a CA high torque motor with an ASCU V2.
    Can anyone help solve this problem????
    Thanks
    Spencer
    "What makes the grass grow...Blood Blood Blood"

Re: Hot motor and tamiya connectors!!!

Test and adjust your motor height mate.

If that fails, it may be a shimming job unfortunately. Big motors and batteries do tend to get a bit warm unfortunately. Active braking doesn't help the heat situation either.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Motors overheat because they draw too much current from the battery.

More often than not, it is due to the motor struggling to turn. Either it's adjustment is too close to the gear box or most likely, an internal fault within the motor.
      There is a slight possibility that it is a battery fault, but that is an outside chance.

As a gambling man - i would bet on an internal fault within the motor.

How old is the gun / motor?

Comment

i forgot to ask... how hot is hot?

wow, that's warm

or

Arrrggghhhh, i burnt my fricking hand!

If you can handle it without crying or melting your fingers together, chances are it is just working hard - be pleased you don't have a lazy motor. if it is feeling like lava, check the adjustment. if it still feels like lava, it is probably time to start tinterweb shopping!

Comment

Re: Hot motor and tamiya connectors!

Well this CA motor is about a year and a half old, but it does it to my brand new tm eg3000. Also it gets pretty close to burning, and this is just about 250 rounds and it now stops working with the bleep of the ASCU cutting it out now, when its hot! I think it's the power of the battery as the problem happens with the 9.6v 3600mah but not the 8.4 1600mah.
          I will take it apart and shim her and give it another go!
          Many thanks
          Spencer
          "What makes the grass grow...Blood Blood Blood"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Spencer Find out more about Spencer
          Working...
          X