Army recoil bolt catch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army recoil bolt catch

Hi guys, i've heard that you can activate the bolt catch mechanism on the army M4 recoil, anyone know anything about this,? the facility seems to be there.
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Re: Army recoil bolt catch

Any answers anyone?
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Last time of asking,..anyone?

Comment

I'll help chap.

Have you taken the gun apart?

Comment

I haven't as yet Ben, it's just something I read, and it looks as if you could so I was was wondering if it is true.

Comment

Well, if you take the top receiver and front end off, and look on the side of the gearbox (the ejection port side)

If there's a small quote hole just by the cylinder, and a small round hole next to it to put a screw in, then you probably can yes

Comment

Doesn't it actually need the part? On mine it's missing the actual metal mechanism.

Comment

thanks for the help guys , i'll look into it as soon as I get time.

Comment

Yes it needs the part, but we're trying to work out if it's a waste of time sourcing one.

If that whole is there, and room for the screw, then it sounds like its a go. But I have no idea where you will get those 3 parts from!

Comment

I'm guessing you'd have to try and contact the factory where these are made, but given they are in China somewhere, almost impossible. I've emailed suppliers before and got nowhere. If someone had the original parts that you could test with and then copy there's a chance you could make them yourself out of metal or even plastic perhaps.

Comment

youll get nowhere that way (Marui is Japanese as well)

Youd be better of getting in touch with Richardy, and seeing if he has any spares from any salvage guns leftover from any repair jobs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
                      Working...
                      X