high speed upgrade problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high speed upgrade problems

I am looking into putting a new motor into my stock tokyo marui mp5k having only put in a 9.6v its rate of fire is higher than stock guns by a noticeable bit but i would like a bit more. I was looking to either put in a G&P M120 or a matrix high performance 3000 motor in the gun, but i had a few questions: what rps to expect from this? How quickly something will break in this and what things could break when they do? Are there any other motors that would be good to consider for this setup?
    Last edited by sj_asc; 15 May, 2012, 16:46. Reason: Moved to Tech - Electric Guns
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: high speed upgrade problems

Assuming the TM has an EG1000 motor, you will be looking at a 4 rps increase or there abouts.

Things will break because you are shooting more shots a second, the higher the rof the quicker parts will break, what parts, well anything that is in the gun of course! Most likely candidate being the piston.

Trade off is the M120 motor is poor in the torque department, so the semi shooting will be a little sluggish. I have no experience with the Matrix motor.

TM stock pistons are very forgiving, though removing the last tooth on the piston will help. Some people call it the second to last tooth but I am sure you know what I mean. Also give the gearbox a shimming check and regrease with Teflon grease.

Comment

I think its a tm eg700 in there. Is the spring not m90 on stock TMs so it should be ok in pulling it on semi right?
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
        I think its a tm eg700 in there. Is the spring not m90 on stock TMs so it should be ok in pulling it on semi right?
        M85 on a stock TM. Yes it will pull the spring no problem. I was testing mine in a M110 spring set up and it was acceptable (just) on semi with a decent 7.4v lipo providing the power. It will be more sluggish than the EG700 though as the EG700 has pretty decent torque, more than the EG1000 in my experience. It will be 5 or 6 fps faster than the EG700 and will be acceptable on semi. Would not worry about it.

Comment

The main problem your gonna have here is pre-engagement, as the spring is quite weak as its a TM, the piston wont return fast enough so if your gears are turning faster than your piston is returning, the will engage the piston prematurely and consequently strip your piston. I would recommend an m100 spring or at least an m95so your piston returns faster, and in terms of motor, i think i would be more worth wile getting upgrade gears instead as TM gears are quite weak so some SHS 13:1 gears would be good hope this helps

Comment

You won't get pre engagement in that set up. Not with a 9.6v NiMH on Tamiya connectors.

I do agree though, I would go for high speed gears in that set up over a high speed motor.

Comment

Ok that sounds good although any ideas on which motor would be the best for this?
              For sale:

-Splitting M4
              -MP5 Parts
              -MP7a1
              -M9 Magazine

Comment

Well, like we said, gears would be better than a motor, but if your set on a motor, then i would recommend an Element max speed one (clone of systema) they are really good, if you have the money however, a TerminusX motor would be ideal, they are rediculous, £58 quid tho (cheaper than some tho....)

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                  Well, like we said, gears would be better than a motor, but if your set on a motor, then i would recommend an Element max speed one (clone of systema) they are really good, if you have the money however, a TerminusX motor would be ideal, they are rediculous, £58 quid tho (cheaper than some tho....)
                  sorry i meant more between those two motors as i dont want anything major done to my gun i just want it at about 25rps or so and i dont want to have to take the gearbox apart to do it as its so much easier to just whack a new motor in the gun than take it apart. Although what rps would i get with the SHS 13:1 gears and the 9.6v?
                  For sale:

-Splitting M4
                  -MP5 Parts
                  -MP7a1
                  -M9 Magazine

Comment

anyone?
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

A lot higher although if your going to put
                      13.1 gears in there you may swell do a bit more
                      Aoe, metal toothed piston and a good shim
                      Will easily get you in the 30's
                      Then your wish you put a mofet in there
                      If all you want is easy upgrades go with a good motor
                      Switch to deans and a good tightbore and hop
                      That's about all you can do without cracking open
                      The box

Comment

ok cheers buddy, i am going to get a madbull tb and hop up rubber to go in it and then a G&P m120 as well until it breaks and needs taking apart. Cheers for the help guys
                        For sale:

-Splitting M4
                        -MP5 Parts
                        -MP7a1
                        -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
                        Working...
                        X