Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project and upgrading advice

Hi Everyone

OK Peeps, Need advice from you airsoft guru's out there.

New to airsoft, and decided on the G&G Raider L as my reasonably priced first gun.

However, I have been the recipient of some of the other players DMR's, which is frustrating and at times painful as they outrange me.

So this is my dilema, what to do. Do I upgrade my G&G or build my own DMR??????

What I ask is this, If I choose to upgrade my raider, what do I do to achieve the following;

- Improve range?
    - Improve accuracy?
    - Last option, to increase the ROF??

Don't want to spend another mortgage on upgrades, so would like to achieve this upgrade on a budget, All advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Trikeman

Re: New project and upgrading advice

Range : r hop
    Accuracy :r hop promy barrel, madbull hop

Rof:
    13:1 shs gears
    Ultra torque shs motor
    MOSFET
    11.1 lipo
    Short stroked by 3
    M120 spring
    Shs blue piston

And all the modification you can do like aoe, sorbo, compression mods, hop up pusses back by orings etc etc etc

Also check on your site limits because if you want to go semi only you bump fps up to normally around 400-450fps

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Re: New project and upgrading advice

A good quality hop bucking will increase range, the softer ones are more efficient as they require a less aggressive hop setting to achieve the backspin required. There are other bucking with custom shaped hop sectors (such as KM RH and the Firefly series/clones) that allow two smaller points of contact and more air to pass.
      In addition to this, heavier BBs WILL get you just as much, if not more of an improvement in range as they are a more efficient method of energy transfer. A combination of the two and a precisely optimised/matched upper GB build matched to the barrel length will outshine stock DMRs or Basic power upgraded rifles.

For accuracy, a high quality hop bucking is only the half of it, the stability of the hop assembly and the inner barrel and gearbox position is essential. The shock transferred from the piston assembly's impact can move things around if they're not fully secured. The hop chamber should ideally be secured to the front end of the GB to ensure there is minimal movement during firing as these movements can vary air seal/fps, inconsistent FPS will result in poor accuracy more noticeably than it would range.

I've taken to locking the inner barrel, hop chamber and assembly together as one unit and in combination with custom barrel and chamber stabilisers *to hold it tight with the receiver and the improvement is more noticeable even though you have to replace all the parts together if you want to change the barrel or hop bucking!*

Rate of fire
      Is there anything specific you are after? Just a snappy response rate or outright ROF? And what are your limitations FPS wise? And as said above, do you have to lock to semi auto?. To have a noticeable improvement to all the areas you have suggested you will have to set it up slightly differently, a basic ROF recipe with a decent hop bucking and spacer trickery will work but it won't properly cover all 3, particularly range.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trikeman Find out more about trikeman
      Working...
      X