mosfets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mosfets

alright, got my MP5 apart after it stopped 2 mins after taking it out the car at the site on sunday, seems the trigger contacts have burnt away, so ordered an larger capacity switch assembly but also wondering if i should stick a mosfet on it while i'm at it? I run a 9.6v nimh and the rest of the gun is pretty much stock, just thinking it would protect the switch assembnly a bit better and maybe sharpen up the trigger respose, now i've had a look at whats out there and theres active braking, passive braking etc

i'm guessing cos my guns pretty much stock just a normal mosfet without braking would be best?

or should i not bother cos it's another link in the gun to go wrong?

Re: mosfets

Just go for a standard mosfet wired to deans, you will see a noticeable rise in rof as well.
    It will also save your trigger contacts, one less thing to wrong.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

my experience leans toward liking the better mosfets but not trusting the cheep ones.the active breaking is good cosmetically as it sounds snappy on single but moreover it has a better chance of leaving the spring completely un compressed after each shot witch prolongs spring life and reduces gear stain.i just fitted a king kong programmable mosfet thats really good but ive had china mosfets fail leaving the gun on full auto .....not safe at all.for a 9.6v standard setup there is no real need if you have a good switch,ive only burnt one switch in 14 years of using 9.6v.the trigger response and active breaking are good up-grades but dont go cheep.

Comment

Active breaking doesn't reduce strain on gears. It increases the wear on the gears and motor as its slamming them into reverse for a split second after the trigger is released.
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

It increaces wear on the motor as it has to stop suddenly instead of slowing down, thats why AB mosfets prevent overspin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

weegaz22 Find out more about weegaz22
          Working...
          X