TM MC 51 Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MC 51 Help please

This is my first project, and getting parts for this old girl well is hard, and me been wet behind the ears, i am trying to get a longer outer barrel so i can fit a tight bore, is this the same basic body as a G36 and could i put a G36 nonger barrel on this and any other surgestions would help to get this old girl back up and running like a good one.
    or links to parts what are available.

thanks guys for your help

Re: TM MC 51 Help please

Err, first of all, an MC51 is a G3 variant, not a G36, so g36 parts will not fit, but I am guessing that that's what you meant. As for the outer barrel, yeah, you can fit the short length of outer barrel that is in front of the full length G3 front sight to an MC51, it attaches via a grub screw. Alternatively you can look around for an HK51 fluted outer barrel or fit a 14mm adapter and a silencer. Why the need for a longer outer barrel though? A tight bore comes in many lengths!

The G3 has far worse problems than the barrel length to deal with first! Like the fact that the inner barrel is completely unsupported down the length of the barrel for a start! Don't get me wrong, I like G3s, but there are quite a few real issues in the platform which do need to be addressed.

Comment

Re: TM MC 51 Help please

Sorry, yes i did mean G3. many thanks it clears up some part problems.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blackfox385 Airsoft commando Find out more about Blackfox385
      Working...
      X