kwa m4 30rps+ project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwa m4 30rps+ project

hi guys, i have a fairly standard kwa m4a1 with stock motor and gearbox, I have a wizard burst mosfet, black python tbb and using 11.1v lipos in it. however, i'm looking to create a high speed set up, so could someone recommend upgrades that would push my rof to around 30+ rps, with no breakages?! i have roughly 150 pound budget so fire away (pardon the pun).

zac

Re: kwa m4 30rps+ project

Firstly you wanna get rid of that horrible unported aluminium piston head they have, so replace it with an Element lightweight piston head with bearings, and then remove the bearings to remove weight, plus you already have a bearing spring guide. Then i would recommend swiss-cheezing your piston and removing the second tooth on it. Then, i would definitely recommend a high speed gearset such as some SHS 13:1 gears and you should be almost there. If your really going for high speed, you'll want a High torque motor such as an SHS ultra high torque, element ultra torque, an m120/130 spring and then short-stroke some teeth on your gears to prevent pre-engagement.

Comment

hi mate thanks, thats been very helpful forgive me if this is ignorant, but should i not want a high speed motor not high torque?? zac

Comment

one more thing, on action hobbies there is an element high speed gear set and piston, worth a look?

Comment

The thing is, high speed motors are okay, but with high speed, and at 30fps, your gonna get pre-engagement if your using a 11.1 lipo with a high speed motor and weak spring, so to avoid this, you need a higher powered spring to return the piston fast enough, and to avoid going over uk power limits, you need to short-stroke your gears/piston, which means removing teeth on your piston and gears so the piston isnt pulled all the way back and thus, not as much power. A high torque as it will pull back those big springs with ease, on all the rediculous rof projects, its all about torque so the motor can pull back the big spring. However, 30rps, i think all you need is an m120 or m130 and shortstroke maybe 2-4 teeth

Comment

hi mate, ok ive just installed me an m120 spring, as i had one lying spare. I was wondering if you could suggest brands for: motor, and a couple for piston heads and gears, see if where i can get best price you've been a great help, cheers mate

Comment

Gears, SHS 13:1, best for money out there, piston head, Element lightweight piston head (the orange one) great piston head, light and durable. Motor, SHS ultra high torque, Element ultra high torque, JG M93 or M96, possibly some of the highest torque motors on the market and very cheap

Comment

you also need some silver coated copper wire, deans and a non braking mosfet, and your battery should be pushing at least 40 amps, your amperage is calculated by multiplying the mAh by the C rating, so 1100 mAh x 20c will give you 22amps which is too low,and it will over heat your electrics...ie battery, wires connections,switch n motor..

and read up about AOE or angle of engagement, this is very important when it comes to prolonging the life of your internals, ie gears n piston
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

For a £150 budget you could dump the 11.1v battery and just buy a modify dsg gear set

There`s no reason why you cant beat 30rps with the stock motor and a 7.4v battery once you have the dsg installed

Other wise everyone else is right go with 13:1`s and a good ut motor and an m130 spring, mosfet, nice light piston, sorbo piston head, bearing spring guide, 7 or 8 or 9mm bearing gearbox, re-wire and use a deans and an ut motor and you`ll get over 30rps something like 34 to 36 rps.

but if you have the time to put into setting up the piston for a dsg build then you will get over 30rps with a 7.4v bat my 1st build using a UT motor and a 7.4v 2600 20c battery with the modify dsg gears had me at 42rps and cost under £150 to put together. That being said a simple mosfet and sorbo on the cylinder head are are good idea when ever your going over 30rps as it stops the front breaking off your gearbox.

What you`ll need for the dsg set up ?

A metal tooth piston with half the teeth taken off and swiss cheese it

An m120 spring

A deans connector and good wire

everything else you need bar the shims comes in the modify kit

An m120 spring should get you 330fps with the spacer that comes with the modify dsg kit, it always comes with a modded tappet plate but you may have to use anything from an m100 to an m130 to get 330 on the button it takes some messing around with but its worth it

Hop bucking wise buy a very hard one as a high rps eats up soft hops fast.

You can build a dsg from a kwa for well under £150 and you can break 40rps on that build on a 7.4v batter no need for an 11.1v you just have to be willing to put the time into the build or if you don`t have the time be willing to pay someone to do it.

dsg`s shoot faster on semi then anything else out there but you can only really used them on sub 350mm barrels other wise go 13:1 and a UT motor

PM me if you want any info on dsg`s or seek out some of the others on here that have also built there own.

just watch out because once you crack 40rps you start thinking about trying for 70rps with an 11.1v and its very hard to get a mag and nozzle to feed that fast plus I think your hop bucking will just die real quick at 70rps lol
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

141bradpiece Find out more about 141bradpiece
                  Working...
                  X