Serious sound coming from AEG when I pull the trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious sound coming from AEG when I pull the trigger

Ok, so today for the first time I tested my TM Beta Spetsnaz; It fired perfectly for the first shot or two, and then all of a sudden it produced this horrible whining sound every time I pulled the trigger and stopped firing. I'll try and get a video up so you guys can hear it yourself, but I have no idea what's wrong and little experience in opening up AEG's. Any suggestions?

Re: Serious sound coming from AEG when I pull the trigger

Could be stripped gears, loose motor/stripped motor gear, stripped piston :-(

Comment

Hmm here's the video of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZ90...ature=youtu.be

I'm fairly sure it's something in the gearbox, the motor's still running, I can feel it over revving

Comment

sounds like something wrong with the motor heigh imo

Comment

Check the motor over first, any wear on the pinion gear?
          Make sure it's seated properly and pushed in correctly.

otherwise it sounds like a crap shim job and the pistons missing teeth

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

In the morning I'll try adjusting the motor height, I'm just praying it's not anything in the gearbox as I've never really opened one before and I'm not sure I want to risk ballsing it up more

Comment

Is the gun new or second hand?

It's definitely motor height, perhaps in combination with a badly shimmed bevel gear - my m4 made that noise for a while. My advice is test motor height - push the motor a lot further into the gearbox and give it another go - if it works but sounds strained move it back out of the gearbox. If that doesnt fix it, pop yiour GB (depending on whether it's new or not - if its new get the shop you bought it from to do it) and shim your gears properly.

Start with the bevel gear and shim it so that the teeth of the bevel gear are running as close to the axis of the motor shaft as possible (but not rubbing against the GB case), that will guarantee maximum engagement. Shim all gears from there

Re: Not wanting to mess up the GB - there is a first time for everything - it took me six attempts and two hours to put a GB back together for the first time (also needed two extra hands to hold things in place!). With a bit of practice you get much better at it though
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

probably best not give advice if its the wrong advice....

Its a V3 gearbox, therefore has a cage surrounding the motor, holding it in place.... where do you propose he "pushes the motor"? The fact that there is no teeth on teeth skipping sound means the motor is in place, either a plastic bushing has collapsed (good old tm and their plastic parts!) or the arse end of the piston has been ripped off.

And no, when shimming gears, start with the back of the spur, not the bevel gear.... the bevel is then shimmed to clear the outer of the spur's facing edge, no more, motor height ensures good contact with the bevel, not shimming.

Failing that, the Pinion gear on the motor has come loose on the shaft and is screeching on its axle... either way, send it back!

Comment

Ahh, well I've literally just adjusted the motor height and that's done the trick, though I'm thinking of sending it to a company for a general servicing... I'd like to put a m100 spring in with a tightbore to just give it that little bit more umph, thanks for all the advice though lads

Comment

Infact adding to this, the gearbox casing on this is cracked, it's right on the top on the top receiver catch, because of this the catch itself wobbles and as you can imagine the whole top cover does aswell now any ideas on what I can to sort this out?

Comment

new casing

If its at the back of the piston track, then under compression, that point of the gearbox is under the most stress.... I did tell you it wasn't as simple as a motor height issue...

Comment

Ah no, sorry I gave the wrong kind of impression there bud, it's where the top cover clicks in, there's a little push catch that holds it on, when it was posted it was bashed around and that bit of the casing cracked, i'll try and get some pictures later on so you get what I mean mate

Comment

the chances of the piston stripping would be really unlikely as after all, TM stock pistons are the best for the price...aern't they?

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                            probably best not give advice if its the wrong advice....

Its a V3 gearbox, therefore has a cage surrounding the motor, holding it in place.... where do you propose he "pushes the motor"? !
                            Well he clearly adjusted the motor height and it clearly fixed the problem. Re shimming - Ive seen people say do it your way, ive seen people say do it my way - i was just giving advice that had worked for me (besides, why would you shim from the middle? Its not how you do a real gearbox). And that noise is very definitely the noise of gears chattering off each other.

I'm quite happy to accept that i didnt have the full picture, however my advice was far from "wrong".

Glad to hear you have fixed it iradiated
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                              Well he clearly adjusted the motor height and it clearly fixed the problem. Re shimming - Ive seen people say do it your way, ive seen people say do it my way - i was just giving advice that had worked for me (besides, why would you shim from the middle? Its not how you do a real gearbox). And that noise is very definitely the noise of gears chattering off each other.

I'm quite happy to accept that i didnt have the full picture, however my advice was far from "wrong".

Glad to hear you have fixed it iradiated
                              I'd shim from the spur too. It's the lowest and therefore can contact both the shell and bevel/ sector. If you do it second or third you're just asking for trouble.
                              Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Iradiated Find out more about Iradiated
                              Working...
                              X