Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

best motor for 13:1 gears on a 7.4v bat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best motor for 13:1 gears on a 7.4v bat ?

Just looking for some motor advice

Running a 9mm bearing gearbox with shs 13:1`s

The problem its running a JG blue top motor its very good on battery life will run at around 18rps on any 7.4v 9.6v or 9.9v battery

The issue is I was running it on an 11.1v from time to time getting 28 to 32 rps but then I killed the piston as its a very short barrel it was getting 300fps on an m100

So I`ve changed out the piston for a new one and jammed an m110 spring in there.

Its running well 330fps and yet again around 18rps on a 7.4v lipo 2200 45c and about the same on my 9.6 and 9.9v bats

Now to avoid running an 11.1v any motor surgestions to get it up to around 22 to 26 rps on a 7.4v batter without it becoming too high of a drain ?

I have a few UT motors laying around somewhere and a stock motor from a king arms m4

I just never like how the UT motors never seam to fit well into the grip I find you always have to leave the base plate a bit loose and I don`t like doing that.

I considered getting an m120 motor but thought that might be a bit too fast and draw a bit too much load I like at the moment that even on a 1400 mini 9.6v the gun will run pretty much all day also I normally lend it out with a vltor stock on it so it`s normally running on a nun-chuck type battery

So I`ve been looking at UT type motors, maybe an m120 or even a high speed type motor like an shs or element or dream army high speed motor

I may dig out my KA motor and see what that runs at I`m just not sure where I`ve put it.

Also has anyone got any experience with a motor called [AA Custom] Hi-Torques MOTORS for M4 Series [Long Type] it`s a pretty cheap motor I just need around an extra 4 to 8rps I don`t need too much more for this gun 20 to 25 rps on a 7.4v or 9.6v will be just fine I have 2 dsg`s pushing in the 40`s on 7.4`s for when I want something with a really good trigger response for semi games. This is more my little cqb gun and I lend it out a lot.

Cheers

Kon
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Re: best motor for 13:1 gears on a 7.4v bat ?

Well, you dont really need the UT motors atm as your not really pulling too big a spring, you only really need them when your going so fast, you need to use an m130+ spring to prevent pre-engagement. Element ultra high speed motors are very good and should be okay at that power. Also they are nice and cheap. To stop your piston getting damaged again, i'd make sure you loose any unnecessary weight off it so swiss-cheese it, remove bearings off piston head (as long as you have a bearing spring guide which i assume you do). If you really wanna hit that speed, you could go for a TerminusX motor but i think that would take you quite a bit over 25rps

Comment

No experience with that specific one, but most of those high-torque Chinese motors are the same--probably all made in the same factory. They've got rare earth magnets and can pull pretty much any spring you want. They aren't fast, though. That said, the speed your after should be very doable with any one of them and a high discharge 11.1. I've got a long and short Element and a short Dream Army and the only difference is the paint and stickers.

Comment

Thanks Laurence

Tatyree I think you missed the point I can use an 11.1v now and get over 30rps I want to use a 7.4v and get over 20rps as I`m currently getting around 18rps

I`ve ordered an x high tech speed motor I hear there the same as the element speed motors and the same as the 5ku speed motors just branded with x high tech on them it was pretty cheap.

Crap you reminded me the piston head would not come off the old piston so the one I used did not have a bearing and the spring guide I used on the stock build was one that did not have a bearing on it as I just used what ever I had laying around as I built the gearbox from random parts as the gun was done quickly at work so a friend could borrow it.

Thanks for the reminder I`ll look into my parts box and jam a bearing spring guide into it next time I have it open`d up as I totally forgot that was on my today list lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
          Tatyree I think you missed the point I can use an 11.1v now and get over 30rps I want to use a 7.4v and get over 20rps as I`m currently getting around 18rps
          Ah, yeah, sorry, so I did...helps if you avoid replying to threads while chasing a toddler around the house ;->

+1 on laurence's recommendations on lightening the piston assemble to help with the pre-engagement.

Comment

Go for a Shs hi torque there bril in hi speed set UPS

Comment

Can i just comment on the above post, they are good, but have a high lemon rate, Like i said, you dont really need a UT motor at that speed i dont think, SAS scott built his hi-speed p90 with one and was getting a very nice rof. So yeh, bearing spring guide=YES definitely, and yeh, just swiss cheese the piston loads, you can afford to take quite a lot off as your not gonna be running that high a spring. Also make sure your piston head has ports because if it doesnt it could slow down the rof (to do with the pressure inside the cylinder)

Comment

Oh the heads ported just could not be asked to cheese the piston

There`s a washer on the spring guide and its running an m110 spring so I should be good up to 28rps

I just normally go with torque motors or UT motors so have no idea what speed motors like m120`s and element or shs speed motors are like on batteries

I ordered a high tech x speed motor so hopefully that slam`s in at 25rps on a 7.4v and I`m done the piston head is ported but its a bit of a junk one I have a deep fire piston and element piston head and an m120 spring waiting for if anything breaks again

Then I`ll swiss the hell out of it and dump an m120 in it with a bearing spring guide and shot stroke it by too teeth good the full hog so to speak but right now I can`t be asked

Hell I was only using it because both of my dsg aegs (pdw and vltor m4 cqb) were off for repair and it was a tiny fully auto sight (the bunker) so I left my gas pdw at home.

but as I built the whole gun from parts I do like to use it once in a while plus its the only g&p bulldog body with a mini patriot front and a tele crane stock I`ve ever seen and the element ergonomic grip is nice.

It`s just such a nice gun to hold but I would like how it feels as I made it exactly the way I wanted it to feel lol

Thanks for all the advice guys hopefully the speed motor does the trick.
                sigpic

Comment

Which x high tech did you go for? Red or gold?
                  I have a red one in the missus P90 and it cranks around 19RPS on 18:1 gears on a 7.4.

Comment

Gold casing with a black top.

19rps on a 7.4v sounds good seen as I`m getting 18rps with a 7.4v on a JG blue top hopefully it hits 22 to 26 with that motor then

It might mean that I can`t use my 9.9 or 9.6`s any-more but I do have a battle axe cqb m4 stock on the way that should house a nice little block type 7.4v if I`m using my 2 nun-chuck 7.4v in my dsg`s but why I would need 2 40rps guns and 1 25`ish rps gun all at the same time I don`t know

Oh wait noob friends always ask to borrow them when their guns break lol
                    sigpic

Comment

If its 2 rps you're after, have you tried just cleaning the commutator?
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

it`s all clean with no connections between the motor and wires their patched right onto the terminals

Its more like 4 rps I`m after but anything up to around 28rps I`m not going to argue with as long as it don`t get hot or start pre engaging

I have got a stock KA motor somewhere I think its at work and a UT motor here but I`m not sure if that ones a lemon.

If its a bit too fast I can trade it out of the motor in my m4 pistol that could still push a few more rps think that`s got a UT motor I stuck some other bushes on and harder contact springs it seams to go a bit faster then your average shs or element ut motor.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah the gold one. Been tempted by one of those for am MP5k project.
                          Let me know how you get on as they represent very good value for money!

Comment

Will do

I know what will happen both of my dsg`s will be up and running again before the motor comes and then I`ll put it to one side to "do later" and forget about it till I need to use the gun again lol

Hopefully that does not happen, I had a little read around and heard good things so hopefully it does ok.
                            sigpic

Comment

In theory, pretty much any of your other torque motors should be putting you within the frame you're looking for.
                              Assuming it's an M42 JG-Blue then it turns ~18,000rpm, but with the 7.4 it's clearly a little slower than that.
                              Your target sustained speed is only around 18,500rpm, while the M42 has a reputation as being the torquiest of torque motors, but also quite slow. Pretty much any other torque motor should have you where you want to be, Element for example. I'd suggest a fast motor will give you lower trigger response but also probably take you over the point you're looking for.

As an aside, if it is an M42 and you no longer have a use for it, I have a definite use for it. I'm currently building a rapid trigger response, 15rps build and that's the ideal motor for what I'm building, but finding one is almost impossible currently, so if you'd be prepared to sell it then please let me know.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thekonassure Find out more about thekonassure
                              Working...
                              X