Sorbo pad question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorbo pad question

Looking at doing sorbo pad mod if/when i need to take my gearbox apart again, i know about the aoe, but i was wandering how much of an fps drop will happen and what spring to use to compensate for the drop i would like it to be >330 fps as i play cqb and thats the limit at my site, thats it really

Thanks for reading

Ash
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Re: Sorbo pad question

i use m110's and get about 330-340 fps

Comment

I used SP 90, it drops to 320-330FPS (normally it's 340-350 FPS), properly airsealed everything, double O ring cylinder head and airsealed hop up unit.

Comment

You don't lose much FPS, best to ensure you have proper seals in place in all other parts.

Comment

you loss some, I use sorbo's to correct the AOE,

Kindly refer to pics, size comparison between stock rubbers and sorbo

Installed, this is a TM cylinder head for a customer, who doesn't want to upgrade to a better double O ringed cylinder head

Comment

Great thanks for the advise will start buying the parts! Ive looked into it but what are the benifits of fitting sorbo pads other than aoe and hush it up? Does it increase life of the gearbox?

Ash
            Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

yes it increases gearbox life as the impact is lessened. so hopefully no more cracked gearbox shells for a while
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Cool will definatly be doing this at some point
                Another question is it true you can use mouse pad foam? If so what thickness? Or just get the proper made stuff?

Comment

It helps in protecting your GB from premature hairline cracks, it absorbs energy from high FPS/ROF set up, also minimizes your muzzle signature.

Been using this since discovering them late 2008. I never had any GB hairline cracks anymore,note our set ups been 320-350FPS with varying HI ROF between 20 with 7.4V lipo to 35 with 11.1V lipo.

And honestly I destroyed a lot of GB before (wasted almost a dozen 7mm bearing GB).........

All of my 3-4 years old 8mm GB still intact up until now.
                  Last edited by centaur; 20 May, 2012, 21:43. Reason: edit

Comment

yes it increases gearbox life as the impact is lessened. so hopefully no more cracked gearbox shells for a while
                    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                    Working...
                    X