Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hop up nightmare!

Hi guys,

My gun went down the other day with a clear hop up problem, it didn't matter if the hop up was on or off, the bbs were going everywhere, so I've decided to change my hop,

I bought the madbull ultimate one and it came through today, I've changed it but now I have a new problem, the bbs aren't coming out at all (abait the first one when I load the mag)

I've made sure I've correctly lined up the grooves on the bucking but still haven't had any luck!

Please advise

Sean!

Re: hop up nightmare!

It's an overlooked problem !!! But did you clean the barrel before you decided it was definatly the hop unit/ rubber at fault ???

Comment

Try taking the o-ring that holds the bbs in to the hop up off, it can sometimes stop feeding.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

make sure the hop is turned all the way off!!
        clean the barrel

have you done anythign else to your gun recentely?
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Have you used the rubber and nub that came with the hop because with that combination the hop up will usually not turn off completely although the dial is set to off

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

The gun was heavily upgraded (king arms m7a1) it has I tight barrel also, it was running fine until I used .25's, then it started running like a piece of shit. I was later informed that everyone was having problems and that it was a bad batch of bb's, then when I went back to using the .20's it was still awful!

When I stared to replace everything the barrel and everything seemed fine, I gave it a clean anyway as everything was out.

I placed a bb down the chamber before I put it back together to see if the bb's were passing through and they seemed to pass through with relative ease

I'll give taking that bottom O ring out though (tbh it seemed like a good idea on paper but I was still a bit sceptical!)

It seems like I've fallen victim to a pricey, over engineered product!

Comment

And yes I used all the items in the new kit, I did try it with the old bucking after my first failed attempt

Comment

Does your loading nozzle move back appropriatly when the Gearbox cycles? Could be it isn't moving back far enough for the new hop chamber?

Apart from the things you have already checked I can only suggest getting hold of a replacement stock hop chamber to see if that works.
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

might sound a bit patronising, but when you rebuilt your gearbox ( if you did) might have put the nozzel behind the tappet instead of on, or it may have fallen of, would explain it not firing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

captainkirrane Mainly play sites in essex (even though theres not that many), but have spread my wings a few times! Find out more about captainkirrane
                  Working...
                  X