Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning up a stock TM P90

Hi guys

I'm looking for some advice on tuning this up.

It left the shop running at 275fps my local site has a 370 limit so I have a bit of room for improvement.

I've watched the strip down videos and have an engineering background so I'm confident of being able to dismantle and rebuild the gearbox.

What I am a bit unsure of is what to put in it.

I was thinking of a M100 spring and metal bushings, then I saw the systema tune up kit, however nowhere in the UK seem to have these or similar in stock.

I've read the gears are the same as the v2/v3. But when looking there appears to be quite some choice.

Would appreciate your advice on what parts to use as separates.

Thank you

D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Mine right now is having a Tightbore fitted, leaving the stock tm hop as its good as it is, Helical gears fitted, a m100 spring, reshim regrease etc you dont need to do too much to it

Comment

Helical gears?

Didn't think they were helical. What sort of brand shims did you use?

So no need to change the piston?

Comment

Ahh just read up on the helicals, thanks

Comment

Just get an assortment of shims, cant go wrong , and not really others i know havent touched it, no harm changing it but its not mandatory

Comment

I only use mag shimms now as they seem to have the smallest sizes meaning you can do a realy good job with ease, also if memory serves its just the piston, anti reversal latch, gears, piston head that are v2 compatable possibly the tappet plate

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
            PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Thanks for the help guy's

Been having a quick look at gears and found ones named "element 200% torque (helical) gear set" don't want to upset anyone by linking to it.

Would these be suitable?

Comment

Re: Tuning up a stock TM P90

I'd personally go with:

Tightbore (madbull are OK enough, YMMV). TM Hop rubbers are good so unless the existing is damaged, leave that.
                M100 spring
                Bearing spring guide
                Metal Bushes
                Shimming
                AOE correction

You don't REALLY need new gears unless you are going for more ROF or pulling huge springs. A torque up set may well loose you trigger response, and are designed for large springs, so in most instances unless you are trying to achieve something specific or have specifically worn gears, it's pretty safe to leave the gears as is.

Comment

If you have the money go for systema regular torque helical gears as they are very nice, hard wearing and quiet, then get a element high speed motor if you are after a relativley high rof gun or a element high torque motor if you are just after trigger response, get a lipo that is atleast 30 c constant discharge rate, for the barrel get a prometheus 6.05 and then install an er-hop if you want the best range and use .3 atleast bbs, then crack open the body and fill the gaps with sound deadening material if you want it to be quiet. For the er hop they are hard to install but you say youve got an engineering background so you should be fine

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
                  PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Re: Tuning up a stock TM P90

if you dont have the money go for a madbull tb barrel, M100 spring dont pay over £10 and shs gears, a shs high torque motor or equivilant would give you a better trigger responce, with a lipo with at least 40amps and 18.1 gears (which is probably what you hav already)you will get around 22rps and 320-330 fps

M110 + 13.1 gears with a tb and high torque motor coud be from 30 rps and 350-360 fps

with any motor just make sure they have neodymium magnets
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Cheers guys

I appreciate the advice, certainly helps me plan what to do with it.

Thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

White arachnid Find out more about White arachnid
                      Working...
                      X