Anyone done a TM MAC10 lipo upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone done a TM MAC10 lipo upgrade?

As above, has anyone upgraded a TM MAC10 to lipo and still have it working well after some time?

I know a mate tried and it ended up stripping the gearbox.

Re: Anyone done a TM MAC10 lipo upgrade?

If you only go for 2s it'll be fine. 3s might strip things though.

Comment

I've done it to my TM G18. &.4v, and its working sexy after ~1000 rounds.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Updgrading it to an 11.1 lipo will be a bad idea without any extra work, but a 7.4 lipo should be fine really

Comment

Richardy has done a fair few of these I believe?

Comment

airsoft guns dont need upgrading to run lipo. All i would recommend is changing from tamiya connectors to deans, to help deal with the current, as well as being a far more efficient connection.

A 7.4v lipo has only a slight increase in ROF over an 8.4v nimh.

However if you were looking to go 11.3v or 3cell lipo, then id recommend checking the shimming of the gears and that the AOE is set correctly, or youd have a stripped piston in no time.

But while your opening the gear box to do that, youd be best off replacing the stock TM gears, and replace them with an aftermarket set, then you could run a stiffer spring, and bring it past the usual 270~ fps they shoot. without worrying about stripping gears. then you may as well change the piston.. lol, so only go 11.3v if your a techy.

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
              airsoft guns dont need upgrading to run lipo. All i would recommend is changing from tamiya connectors to deans, to help deal with the current, as well as being a far more efficient connection.
              The battery in the TM MAC10 is an Micro Ex type 7.2v Ni-Cd (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=2628), The upgrade would be to change the battery connection so that I could connect a lipo with deans instead.

Comment

i do apologies, im getting my guns confused, my tm mac 10 and usi
                Was trying to clear up the "lipo ready" discussion i had with someone at the weekend, who assumed you had to spend £££ and about 1000 man hours making a gun run on lipos.
                in that case i shall try and dig out my guide i did on an other forum for glock 18 AEP (same principle)

Comment

11.3 lipo???? Dosnt exist !!! 11.1 v mate

Comment

yeah i was having an off night ive always said 11.3v for some reason, always being winged at on the rc car forums for that one. 3.7v x3 = 11.1.. think the .3 is just stuck in my head from 3.3v per cell cut off. ill go away now i wrote one of the first lipo guide for airsofting on a US forum, and now i just sound n00bish lol. moving on!

Comment

Either unsolder the current battery connector part and add whatever connector you want to use(I'm going to suggest mini deans as opposed to full size to save space and over micro because they are just pathetic), or you can just solder some wires in parallel to the current connector/terminal thingy with a connector on the end if you want to keep the ability to use stock type batteries.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deacon Find out more about Deacon
                      Working...
                      X