Ares l85a2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares l85a2

Hi there I just bought a ares l85 which arrived yesterday and the label on it says it was tested at 133.9m/s, which being rather new to airsoft and this being my first gun I assume that m/s is meters per second which works out to 439fps which is waaayy to hot for the uk, however being my first gun I am not wanting to just tear it open. I have been told that ares have a quick spring change I did take the upper receiver off last night and could see a twist cap on the back of the gearbox behind the butt plate is that the quick spring change? also I seem to remember somewhere that you can lower the fps by clipping the spring is this true or must I buy another spring?
    Also somewhere I read that some ares l85 where fitted with a tight bore in the factory is this true? How can I tell if it's a tight bore?

On another note I'm wanting to get a susat sight can anyone recommend any good replicas or is real steel the way to go?

Sorry for the silly questions and thanks in advance for any help/ info.
    John

Re: Ares l85a2

while i cant comment on the spring removal, but i think its just as simple as you say. slightly similar to A&K's 249 release system.

when it comes to clipping springs its an art and very hard to judge whats enough and whats too much. Plus if you make it too short it may cause issues. new springs are cheap, and a m100 spring should be fine it gives a roughly 328~ fps, obviously other factors depend, but 100ms is 328fps. well to be exact 328fps is 99.974 m/s lol

Comment

Great cheers mate I will have a look at a spring may take it to my site when I go and just put it though the machine and just nip a tiny bit off the spring till its at 350ish but nice to know it can be done and the a back up spring isn't to expensive.
      Any more advice people

Cheers again
      John

Comment

Remove the butt pad on the stock, there is a screw behind to remove and change the quick swap spring.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Cheers bud

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FLAK 01 Find out more about FLAK 01
          Working...
          X