Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loads of noob questions ...

sorry in advance if these questions have been asked a lot before

1. whats length tight bore barrel would i need for a standard g&g combat machine m16/m4?are there any other mods or anything that should be serviced etc whilst fitting a tightbore barrel?
    2.how hard is it to change the above gun to lipo batteries instead of normal ones ? is it a big job or a 1 minute job? whats the advantage of doing this?
    3.how easy/ hard or is it possible to rear wire the gearbox on the g&g combat machine m16/m4 ?
    4.what mods could i do to the gun mentioned above to keep it with in the 350 fps limit ideally adding range and fps to the gun?
    5.are the silent metal pistons with ball bearings and a bumper rubber in the piston off ebay worth getting ? if so are they hard to fit or not ? < can a mod please remove this one if it breeches forum rules?

also if there are any links to videos or other topics this would also help

thanks for looking

Re: loads of noob questions ...

1) standard m4 length or m16 length, depending on which you own. i stuck a systema one in mine
    2) all id recommend is changing from tamiya connections to deans to help the efficiency of current transfer and the current load
    3)the same as a normal m4, just route the cables in the channels in the gear box casing, or as a simple bodge run them over the top of the gear box in the space where the cocking handle spring lies (theres about 4mm of space so more than enough, plus its a really wide space as the top of the receiver is flat)
    4) A TM hopup system is always recomended, as well as a madbull rubber and H nub
    5) if you remove the name of the auction site its within rules before you look into changing pistons i suggest you head on to youtube to learn about AOE (angle of engagement) as simply sticking in a piston can have adverse effects on the life of the gun if not set up correctly

Comment

thanks for the quick response :D looks like ill be staying up all night looking at aoe on you tube untill i fully under stand it lol wasnt sure about if the piston would be good or not as its £10.80 posted lol

Comment

for the Lipi i had to change the stock tube to a ally one ( its thinner) so i could get a 11.1 1400mag lipo in. i am current runny it on the lipo with no upgrades and its doing 330-340 fps. if your is doing the same i wouldn't touch it, when it breaks then upgrade it. .. just my points but it really does my nut when people buy new guns and rip them apart >.< ( thats if they are decent, if they are 200fps go ahead :D )

Comment

a vapex tech 7.4v stock tube lipo fits but its tight.
          oh and zero one do the piston head you were looking at or similar http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6553

Comment

Ebays fine to mention? At least we dont get moaned at for it. I believe the short barrel is 247mm? (an m16 is 509mm, dont be wanting that!) the g&g hop unit is one of the best out there. Keep that. Madbull/systema TB. Bucking - madbull, systema or guarder clear.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

thanks for all the advice do want to chrono the gun and see how shes firing as it was second hand when bought
              i think its the carbine? can add a pic if needed?
              do you need to change the wiring if you want to change to lipo batteries?
              also does the mah on a battery mean how long i will last say 9.6 v 1500 mah will a 9.6 v 3300 mah last longer ?

Comment

the mah is the number of Milli-Amp-Hours capacity the battery has. So a 3300mah battery has over twice as much capacity as a 1500mah.

Basically, if you discharge a battery at 1.5A (or 1500mah) you will get one hours current supply out of a 1500mah battery (theoretically).

Whether using a Lipo or not a deans connecter allows for much higher current loads, they are also a lot more solid. If you get batteries from a good quality site such as the one I just PM'd you they have full battery specs and dimensions listed. You can also specify what connector you want on the battery

It's also worth mentioning (should you wish to switch to Lipo) that they dont have charge memory (much more forgiving if you recharge a half empty battery), YOU NEED TO USE A BALANCE CHARGER, and only get a 7.4 unless you have upgraded the gearbox of the gun
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Personally I don't fit metal pistons in my guns , the reason being that you have to have a fail point in a gun build and the piston is probably the cheapest part to change if something goes wrong . If you have a metal piston it will strip the gears as well as the piston if it locks up and also I seem to get better compression with the plastic ones anyway . Have seen to many guns that have done this when modded . Why are rear wiring ??? As you can fit a bigger lipo in the for grip !!!

Comment

wanted front wiring as ive got an ris and the battery wont fit in the old grip so was thining of rear wiring in the future lol
                    do you have to change the wiring for lipos then ?
                    and thanks for the explaning on batteries dave 38 x

Comment

Lipos are just stronger in general, you only need new wiring if you're sticking in a lipo with a good bit higher charge than you're average Nimh.
                      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

ahh lol thanks for that wasnt too sure as seen lipos with tamiya and deans connectors

Comment

tamiya connectors are suffer poor current transfer and dont like high loads of current. simply adding a deans connector with a normal himh battery will give you a slight increase in ROF (only marginal) but it allows the current to transfer more efficiently from battery to AEG

Comment

Rear wiring = easier dissassembly of your gun for cleaning the barrel/hop unit, also no wires can get in the way of the magazine.

I dont see why you would need a huge lipo though - two 1400mah batteries (that easily fit in the stock tube) will last you a whole day, and you can get a pair of those for 22 quid.
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

is it a big job to change to deans connectors ?
                              im not sure if my gun already has these fitted as theres a bit were it looks like you can take the tamiya connectors off ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

minisam92 Find out more about minisam92
                              Working...
                              X