Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ICS AK74 upgrade help, bit of a long one (internals noob, don't bite please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS AK74 upgrade help, bit of a long one (internals noob, don't bite please)

So I've just bought an ICS AK74 on here, looking to do make some modifications, one of the first being a new hop up. Not sure why but when I tried searching on here, the page wouldn't load? But anyway, I've been searching about online and haven't found much on where I can find a good hop that fits the ICS model. I've found systema, guarder etc have been reported as the better hop ups but I don't know which units will fit my gun? Never changed a hop up so don't know a lot about how they fit into the rifle. Willing to blow around £50 on this (maybe more), and if it is not included could you recommend a good bucking to go with the unit?

I'm also looking at some point to change to a higher speed motor? Could anyone recommend a decent motor that would fit? Again I looked online but didn't find a lot, I've seen a few people just stick a lot of systema kit in theirs. Is systema actually the best out there? The Systema Magnum is pretty costly, anyone think it was worth the cash? And what size shaft fits the AK? May consider one unless some one thinks there are better ones for less, I see from zero ones website that there is a lot of variety.

I'll probably get systema bushings, anyone recommend something different? Or think ICS stock ones are fine?

ICS reinforced gears on Z1? Yay or Nay, why? No idea if the gun comes with stock reinforced or not..

Might also get the zero one gun service, can you send them your gun with a list of upgrades to be done for whatever labour charge, anyone recommend it from experience?

Again I'm not sure why the forum search function isn't working for me, it just seems to keep reloading it's self when I try, and google isn't feeding me well on this one.

Sorry for being such a tech noob, been airsofting for awhile but never got my hands dirty with upgrading. Cheers!

Re: ICS AK74 upgrade help, bit of a long one (internals noob, don't bite please)

APOLOGIES, I REALISED THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED IN 'GENERAL & PROJECTS', done the thread there :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fnc dan Called fnc dan because years ago at the same time as joining this forum, I bought a Star fnc and in the months it took to ship from hong kong I was in love with the model..but the realised it was crap and sold it. Biggest nightmare of a gun I'd owned. I hate you, Star. Find out more about fnc dan
    Working...
    X