short range why? 249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short range why? 249

hiya lads i have a AnK 249 with a CA hop madbull tight barrel and TM hop rubber it shoots at 320fps, however the range is 20m max...any reason why?? what do i need to look at?
    thanks chaps ..glen

Re: short range why????? 249

Apply hop.

Comment

Re: short range why? 249

There is a design fault on the hop system with m249's but fear not, it is easily remedied.

If u take your hop apart you will see that the nub stands on its end rather than horizontally. But, oh noes, the nub is too short to do anything. Simply replace it with a slightly longer one, or better yet the insulation from some 16awg wire, cut to length. This will take some trial and error before you get it the right length, but once done, rejoice! your beast will have some decent range. I have now completed this mod on no less than 3 whole occasions and it is
      really easy to do. I normally expect 55-65m range with standard barrel and decent hop rubber, using this method.
      Honor before Victory

Comment

get a bic pen, and then cut a small length from the end of the ink tube and use that as your hop up nub. the harder material greatly improves the hop effect.
        i came up with that bodge for mine many years ago when they first came out as the hop was poo!

Comment

thanks lads will try it tomz ,glen

Comment

There's a how to guide on YouTube

Originally posted by Metalbody
            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

hiya lads ..just added a new madbull blue hop rubber..now getting a good 55 meter range ..so must have been that hop rubber i had ..thanks for the heads up ..glen

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

glenny Find out more about glenny
              Working...
              X