Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM MP7A1 Advice before I blow myself to bits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MP7A1 Advice before I blow myself to bits...

Got a TM MP7A1 with the Battery Charge/Discharge Adaptor and plug. I don't have a Japan adaptor though so I was thinking of just attaching a Deans in order to charge the NiCads with my Accucel-6. Thing is, there's no indication of which wire is + or -.

Any ideas?

I'd prefer to use the Accucel-6 to charge and discharge the NiCads and I'd like to save the cash in buying the adaptor if poss. I'm assuming the supplied adaptor charges and discharges too or is it only a charger?

Re: TM MP7A1 Advice before I blow myself to bits...

I have one of these for my MAC10 batteries, got my local shop to change it to deans as I got a Accucell 6. On mine the wire closest to the labelled side (with pic of battery and green writing) goes to black (which is the vertical on the deans), and the other obviously goes to red (horizontal on deans).

Comment

Have you got a multimeter pan? Failing that get an led from maplin for 30p and experiment :P
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Deacon View Post
        I have one of these for my MAC10 batteries, got my local shop to change it to deans as I got a Accucell 6. On mine the wire closest to the labelled side (with pic of battery and green writing) goes to black (which is the vertical on the deans), and the other obviously goes to red (horizontal on deans).
        Is the one you have the supplied charger or the charger/discharger available from retailers as a separate (shown above)? Are they both the same i.e. can charge/discharge?

Comment

Invest in a cheap multimeter mate . About a tenner and so worth it for testing any thing electrical . Does your charger not tell you if polarity is wrong ?? I have a jp and it does . Thought most of the decent chargers did as well ??

Comment

Yeah, the accucel will tell you if you got it wrong :D

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Fair do's, I'll try it!

Can anyone confirm though if the supplied unit is discharge as well as charge? Would I be able to do it with the Accy?

Comment

Should be able to !!

Comment

Thanks, it's just that I recall that NiCds should be discharged after use. Probably a load of bollocks, but...

Comment

Ok, so polarity seems to be fine according to the Accucel. No explosions so far!

Charging: The supplied TM adaptor says Output is 280mA so I'm assuming I should charge at 0.3A (300mA)?

Discharging: What rate should I discharge at and how low should I discharge to?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

*cough*

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                        Working...
                        X