Ares G36 accuracy issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares G36 accuracy issues

II have an Ares G36 which I got recently-ish and I need help with its accuracy. I know of the obvious upgrades to help such as a TB and parts that will give a better air seal but the ares hop up is giving me grief. My biggest problem is random BB's just flying off in random directions, i have trouble getting consistency and I am trying to remedy with an H nub and a new rubber but is there any other tips or tricks that people know of that will help? Any advice on things like R hops or things like that would be welcome as I really need to get this thing shooting straight.
    Thanx
    sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Re: Ares G36 accuracy issues

My Ares G36 also has accuracy issues which I have not yet remedied. I was surprised when I found out the hop up nub on the G36 is plastic and not rubber like most other guns. Is the plastic hop up nub on the G36 unit a known issue? My issue tends to be that the BB always flies a bit high and right, even with hop up at it's minimum setting (i.e off). Zeroing the built in carry handle scope was terrible as the available windage and elevation adjustments were not enough, but changing to a proper third party scope certainly remedied that issue. I would also be glad to hear any advice on how to help with Ares G36 accuracy.

Comment

Change the hop rubber and nub for a guarder clear.

Put it back together correctly.

99% of the time, problem solved.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

The hop unit itself may be busted which would give inaccurate shots

Comment

Originally posted by I'mhitalready View Post
          The hop unit itself may be busted which would give inaccurate shots
          No. If the unit was "bust" you'd get no hop effect at all.

Try changing the rubber and nub.
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
            No. If the unit was "bust" you'd get no hop effect at all.

Try changing the rubber and nub.
            I've had the same problem and it was due to a damaged hop unit i still had hop but it was all over the place and sometimes needed me to hold the wheel in position but as you say it could also be the rubber and nub

Comment

Try cleaning the barrel !!!! The most overlooked problem I know of ,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XLR8ING Find out more about XLR8ING
              Working...
              X