Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 Dissassembly for soundproofing

Alright all?

I'm planning to Dynamax the body of my P90 to create a more sneaky sneaky gun. I've already fitted a tight bore barrel, so am familiar with the receiver/hop end, but have yet to crack the body open.

I imagine that I'll need to split the body and remove the motor/gearbox etc. Is it simply going to be a case of removing the body bolts and lifting 'the big metal bit' out? (Yeah, newbie here, and I doubt it)

So what should I be expecting, and are there any tools aside from the standard screwdrivers and hex keys that I'll need?

Cheers in advance. This'll be my first time inside the guts of an airsoft weapon of any sort, so be gentle.

Re: P90 Dissassembly for soundproofing

The P90 gearbox actually is removed in the same way as the AUG. Take off the backplate, and the inner backplate (screws). Then the gearbox will slide out the back.

I'm pretty sure most of the sideways body bolts on the TM P90 are fake.

Comment

Most of the bolts on the side are fake plastic, so don't attempt to unscrew those as you will only sheer the plastic.
      Sound proofing can be done by filling the gaps between the body and mechbox aswell as the areas of contact.
      The P90 takedown is as basic as can be, similar to the AUG, you need to remove the front receiver which i assume you know how to do if you have already changed the inner barrel.
      Then the rear takedown as follows, remove the butt plate.

The mechbox should just slide out, though some don't if never been taken out before, you will need to pull it out.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

You will need Torx(?) screwdriver as well. Torx 10 to be precise. It's a star shaped screw, you often get them with electric screwdrivers if you have one of those. The screws are on the gearbox itself.
        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
        Tokyo Marui P90
        HFC M9 Special Forces
        KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Excellent, cheers.

So I take it there's no way of actually splitting the body? It's a case of getting someone with small hands to layer the matting inside?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skullfish Find out more about skullfish
          Working...
          X