Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Top Tech T4-18 Light locking up issues

Hi,

I bought a G&G Toptech T4-18 Light (HK416 copy) at the end of April, after previously having bought a G&G Airsoft rifle and found them to be fairly reliable, however this one has been nothing of the sort.

I've only taken it to 2 indoor events, for a total of 6-8 hours use and no more than 2000 rounds having passed through, during the first event towards the end I started to notice that it would have a tendency to lock up when used alot in Semi-Auto, one of the guys there told me that all I needed to do to alleviate that issue was put it into Auto, fire a few rounds through and go back to Semi.

That then worked, so i soon forgot about it. It then came to the second event, where the rifle became extremely prone to locking up (10 rounds through in Semi or 30-40 rounds through in Auto before locking up), so I would remove the magazine, hold in the forward assist to release tension on the spring, then fire off a shot in Semi to clear any residual rounds, then re-insert the magazine.

This worked to solve the issue for a few hours, then it gradually got worse, until at the end of the day I could only fire 2-3 rounds on either fire mode before a lockup would happen, and changing fire modes, releasing the spring etc did little to alleviate the issue, as it would just repeat and lockup soon after.

Does anyone have any experience with solving such issues, and whats the best course of action?

Checks I've made:

Made sure contacts on the motor are properly connected.

Made sure the motor is engaging properly.

I only use 8.4v 1600mah NiMH Crane Stock batteries.

Only use .2g ASG Blaster BB's.

Can not access the inner workings of the rifle as the lower and upper receiver won't seperate for some unknown reason once the bolts are out.

The pneumatic blowback has also completely locked up, something related possibly?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help,

Kiwi
    Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Re: G&G Top Tech T4-18 Light locking up issues

Try using a 9.6v battery to see if that helps first.

I know that G&G only reccomend using 9.6v, so it might just be that.

If not, there's probably something wrong with your cut off lever, or the AoE is horribly out of sync
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Sounds like something in the gear box, or angle if the motor is not right...
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Im just trying to think how the blowbacks jammed, as you can hold it and still use the gun, i think it may somehow be caught on the body.
        When you try to open it do you pull the charging handle? As that stops the upper from sliding off forwards.
        Sounds like they ballsed up the factory shimming tbh.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I tried it with a 9.6v as suggested by DCRISP07, and it makes no difference. Not sure that G&G would recommend a 9.6v anyway, as I put it in my other G&G and it sound like it was shredding the gears.

Starting to sound like it may be safer to just send it back at the moment, which is shame.
          Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

This was happening to G&G mp5 blowback it would only cycle on fully auto then when the gearbox was warm it wouldn't cycle.I had enough and open the gearbox it was well over shimmed if its new send it back it still should be covered by the warranty

Comment

If it's standard g&g the motors sometimes dont always pull too well - thats where i'd put my money all things considered.

The blowback is a pneumatic blowback and doesnt interfere with the inner workings of the gears in the gearbox.

another option is the spring may have snapped - seen it happen twice in g&g guns, what usually happens is it fires a few then locks exactly as said - though 20-30 rounds is more than id expect from this problem. If its under warranty send it back, if not maybe the tech in the shop has a few more ideas?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GiantKiwi Find out more about GiantKiwi
              Working...
              X