Massive loss of FPS on Masada with new hop and barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Massive loss of FPS on Masada with new hop and barrel

The rubber band mod sounds like an interesting idea but, as above, I think you're covering up an airleak still.

Because the madbull barrel is designed to work with their own hop unit, it's a slightly smaller diameter. I've had exactly the same problem when fitting them to guns without an ultimate hop to match up to. I've solved the problem by wrapping PTFE from the c-clip to a cm or so onto the barrel. Any play between the rubber and the hop unit, caused by the slightly smaller barrel, then shouldn't allow any air out. As long as you only get a couple of layers over each part there shouldn't be enough bulk added to stop it moving backwards and forwards freely against the hop spring.
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the info guys, gonna try the PTFE and see what happens.

Comment

I've done the dental flos & ptfe tape mod and I'm still down in the 230s.

I'm using a tm rubber, this seems a lot thinner than the standard so it could be this??

I've tried a guarded clear, but due to getting a replacement hop fig 8 nub which is harder it puts to much hop on with this.

I will put a new rubber in, see what happens also see if the seal has dried up.

The weird thing is its shooting as far as my mates vfc gun, which is at 330
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lee R Been shooting for 30 years, loved paintball for many of them, but love airsoft even more. Find out more about Lee R
        Working...
        X