Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steyr Aug Problems - help Required Please

Hi All,

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with this one! I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

I have an unknown Aug Mil that is currently feeding nicely but the BBs just roll out of the end of the barrel. There are no problems with feeding and also the feeding nipple is fine as are the magazines.

What Have I done So Far?

I have stripped the gearbox down and replaced - piston, cylinder head, air nozzle, spring, anti-reversal and spring, tappet plate, cylinder, spring guide. All parts are Element or SHS. Oh, and a SystemA hop up bucking.

As the gearbox was no staying in place, I have applied the 'bolt mod' and this now holds the gearbox correctly.

Problem One: When I fitted the new air nozzle and cylinder head the air nozzle kept sticking back. I cleaned the cylinder head tube with Autosol and a high speed polisher but this made no difference. I had to return to the old (but pretty good condition) air nozzle and have even gone back to the older tappet plate too.

Problem Two: When tested with a small piece of tissue paper, the magwell was venting air. I can only presume that this is due to either the air nozzle/cylinder fit or the air nozzle / hop up fit. I have tried ensuring the air nozzle and hopup fit as tightly as possible together and made sure there is no movement in either.

I look forward to you advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Seng

You've obviously got issues with your tappet plate and nozzle and their interaction with the hop.

Your tappet plate should sit in the groove on the nozzle, and the tappet plate spring should be properly hooked on to the post on the gearbox.

The nozzle should protrude fully into the hop unit at rest.

Double check you've got a v3 tappet plate.

Make sure the cam on the sector gear that pulls the tappet is in place and not broken.

When you have the gearbox assembled and you push on the nozzle, it should travel freely backwards and snap forwards when you release it.

I'm not familiar with the Aug hop unit, but if you have a spring that keeps it in place against the gearbox, check that is in place.

Make sure the flange on the hop unit sits fully into the gearbox.

Double check the hop rubber is installed correctly and not torn.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Re: Steyr Aug Problems - help Required Please

Both tappet plates do the same thing One is the original tappet plate.

The first 'half' of the nozzle's movement is fine - it is the last part that sticks. It even does this when not assembled I know it is the correct cylinder head and air nozzle.

Many thanks for the reply - checked hop, rubber, etc and all OK @
      Last edited by Seng; 9 June, 2012, 18:05. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Seng View Post
        Both tappet plates do the same thing One is the original tappet plate.

The first 'half' of the nozzle's movement is fine - it is the last part that sticks. It even does this when not assembled I know it is the correct cylinder head and air nozzle.

Many thanks for the reply - checked hop, rubber, etc and all OK @
        Ok. Pop the box open, take everything bar tappet plate/spring and cylinder out.

See if you can find where its binding, if its too tall, maybe try getting a sheet of sandpaper, laying it on a flat surface, and taking a little bit off each side of the tappet plate till it moves freely.

None of this should be necessary, but you know what airsoft manufacturers are like with tolerances....
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

I'm going to go with your Cylinder

Comment

necro post! troll much?
            sigpic

Comment

Not trolling, I have tried his cylinder in my AUG and was giving the same symptoms. Hopefully when he gets chance to try another he will update this post and pos help any others who might be having this problem.
              Maybe I should have explained better in the first place, my bad.

Comment

Can anyone confirm / deny if the 'standard' Aug cylinder is vented or not?

Comment

Non vented in the varients that have the standard 20 inch barrep
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Seng Find out more about Seng
                  Working...
                  X