Madmans AK DMR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madmans AK DMR project

so what size suppresor will i need to hide the 650mm 6.03 barrel i plan on puting in my AK.
    also will i need any upgrades for the grearbox/hopup?
    it is fireing quite nicly at 395 FPS and has an ICS hop rubber as the stock one ripped and one of the gears was broken almost out of the box.

Re: Madmans AK DMR project

I really wouldnt recommend getting a barrel that big, you dont really need to go bigger that 450mm which is standard AK i think but if you want you can go 500mm, 650mm is just not really gonna help that much as you dont actually get that much benefit bast 450mm.
    Anyway, back to the build, its all about consistency, so reducing vibration of your barrel (something extending the barrel throught the silencer wont do), and having a 100% airseal. So, get a:
    -One piece, preferably double o-ring, cylinder head
    -Air seal nozzle with o-ring
    -Bearing spring guide to allow smoother compression of the spring
    -Gears if you need them, i would recommend just some standard 18:1 SHS gears, no need for high torque at this fps
    -Then ideally you want to r-hop it but if your not too technically minded, just go for a good rubber with a fat mound (Madbull blue) + H-nub/SCS nub
    -An Element AK air seal hop-up might be a good idea for more consistent hop and they are VERY cheap

I could go on but these are some of the basics you want, for a DMR you are aiming for CONSISTENCY, not high fps and a massive barrel.
    It would also be helpfull to know what make your AK base is

Comment

its a G&G non blowback.
      im mainly getting the new barrel as its from a guy at my local site and it cheap and not been used.
      i was planning to add a suppresor to it anyway and when the i saw this cheal barrel i thought why not put that in and put a suppresor over it?
      thank you for the info, i will definatly be getting some of the suggeted upgrades.
      its mainly for the looks anyway, my first question wasnt awnsered either.

Comment

so 1st question was....getting 650mm barrel, what size suppressor
        well the Ak barrel is 450mm (or 455mm) so 650-450=200 means you want a 200mm silencer or a 205mm silencer, rather complicated maths that.
        Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

For a barrel that length, you'll need a boreup cylinder, cylinderhead and piston. Otherwise you'll get suckback, decreasing your fps and consistency. All you're achieving with that barrel is making your AK unwieldy!
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

i already have a systema boreup kit in my AUG (now non functional) could i put that in the AK or will i have to buy one?

do zero-one sell them?

Comment

Theres definately no such thing as suckback, but you will need to do the bore up kit to match the air volumes from cylinder to barrel. At a push a full non prted cylinder will be ok but for optimum results a bore up kit. A 650mm barrel as stated is not needed at all though, the longest effective barrel is probably around the 400-450mm size, anything else is just wasted and actually a hinderence on accuracy and range.
                sigpic

Comment

If it's firing at 395fps, I;d say you were best off leaving it at that. A tightbore will likely push the velocity up by a reasonable amount, 25-30fps in some instances.

The biggest thing for you to deal with is locking the thing to semi-automatic. Very few sites will allow you to use a gun capable of full auto at that kind of velocity.

Comment

my AK is already locked to scmi and the salector leaver has been disconected (my finger is my safety)
                    the site i play at allows upto 420FPS if locked to single shot so that shouldnt be an issue.
                    will a 200mm suppresor cover all the spere inner barrel? i got offered the inner barrel (Mad Bull Black Python Version II 6.03mm) and a 200mm suppresor for £50
                    i just want to make sure it will all work when i put it together.

thanks for your help guys, its really apreciated

Comment

Should do... If not, it's not that hard to cut the barrel down...

Comment

ok next question: hop up.
                        is it worth getting somthing like the R-hop or REAPS?
                        what are your thoughts on them?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MADMAN983 Find out more about MADMAN983
                        Working...
                        X