Ares l85 barrel wobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares l85 barrel wobble

Hi I recently bought a ares l85 and have just fitted a ris to it, there has always been a little wobble in the front sight but now the ris is on it seems worse, does anyone have any ideas for fixing it or where packing could go?
    Many thanks
    John

Two places, it's a bad design by Ares as the main outer barrel is split in two.

One thing 1st though are the gas parts still in place?

1st to look at is the front sight screw tight?
    The front sight mount is in two parts and is secured with a single screw, after the front sights themselves are removed this is all that keeps the two halves secure.
    There's not realy much you can do there if that's where the problem lies.

2nd is where the main rear part of the barrel is secured to the body, a large block of plastic with several screws through it, if this is giving wobble, take it apart wrap a single piece of black tape around the barrel and reassemble, rinse and repeat if the above doesent work 1st time.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: Ares l85 barrel wobble

Thanks for the quick post it seem the whole plastic block has a small wobble I will try the tape on the barrel, I haven't even got a sight for it yet so it still has irons is it going to get worse when the come off and yes gas tubes are still in place.

Thanks
      John

Comment

It probably won't get worse once you remove the front sight, just keep an eye on the securing screw/s can't remember how many there are

Good thing about the gas parts, I learnt, removing them to fit a battery under the RIS lid is a kiss of death for it, it is actually a structural part

Comment

Re: Ares l85 barrel wobble

See I am using a 7.4v 1450mah crane stock which just slide in to the ris under the barrel as though it was made to measure lol only thing is I can't get the lipo alarm in and its mini t connector just fits above the gas tube cramed to f***.
          Good to know it won't get worse but had ares made the barrel a better design and made the charging handle metal and not auto lockback then it would be perfect, talking of which do you know if you can rig the charging handle to operate correctly or if a Ics mech for it would fit?

Cheers
          John

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FLAK 01 Find out more about FLAK 01
          Working...
          X