Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M4 SOPMOD - Mag question.

Chaps,

Seem to recall there was something on stripping down / servicing the 30/82 Sopmod mags. Of the 8 I have 6 are fine - when empty gun stops etc, 1 is 50/50 and 1 doesn't trigger the catch. Seem to think there was a guide to stripping the mags and cleaning etc as I am pretty happy its the mag in need of some tlc rather than the mag housing / catch itself.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

If all the beebs feed done from them from start to finish mate I doubt a clean would sort them out. Check for wear on the catch in the mag would be my first port of call.
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Hey chap, have done all of mine so should be able to help.

The mag that's not triggering the bolt stop, is it still flicking up the little tab on empty?

Comment

Re: TM M4 SOPMOD - Mag question.

It seems to be doing yes. Well it does after I dick about with it... Is it that?

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
        Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

How hard does it push up? I've stretched the springs on all o my mags because out of the box they fed a bit poorly

Comment

That one is a bit poor too be fair to it, worst of the bunch, certainly compaired to the other good ones.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Probably just not got enough stiffness behind it to push. Have a look inside the mag, and see if there's any obvious reason for it.

Comment

I shall do that very thing after the weekend,

Many thanks Ben, Danny.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

No problemo. With mine, I took the spring out, stretched it and put it back in. Feeds super fast and makes sure te bolt goes everytime as the two things work from the same spring

Comment

I shall do that very same thing to the dodgy / semi dodgy ones and see if I manage a minor victory or end up wih two very nice pencil holders, if all goes well I shall the rest of them as well! Top chap.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Haha they should be fine. Only thing you'll need to make sure of is that you put the spring back in properly. It's square in shape rather than round, so don't twist it when you put it back in

Comment

Do you use them on 82 ever or are they locked to 30?

Mine are all locked on 30 and I use about an inch of thick flex cable from an old kettle lead chopped off and poked in the bottom to pack the spring out a bit and increase tension inside the thing... Works a treat.

Comment

Same principle should work if theyre still on 80 i would think
                          sigpic

Comment

Tried both BEN, although tend to do 82 for normal days. 30 just for mil sim stuff. I shall certainly be fiddling with them after the weekend.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Black Templar Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? Find out more about Black Templar
                            Working...
                            X