Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel help

Hi guys,

Been looking at turning my CA XM177e2 into a Vietnam assassination rifle with some sort of 60s era optics and a ruddy great silencer (335mm) on the end.

Ah but it doesn't end there oh no no...

I want to know if I can use a sniper barrel such as a VSR Gspec barrel? And if so, can I use a regular M4 hop up?

It'll give me great length, greater accuracy and along with .25s should be a nail driver I would have thought!

Any thought or advice on this would be brilliant!

Re: Barrel help

I'd call it a day at a 509mm barrel tbh (M16 length) since it doesn't make any noticeable difference in accuracy once you've passed about 400mm. Range comes from a well set hop, rather than your choice of barrel, so consider upgrading your hop chamber and rubber. 509mm should sit most of the way through the silencer which should stop any shots snagging on the foam filler (if it has that).
    A VSR barrel won't fit, they have a different type of hop that doesn't permit AEG part swapping.

If you're going to keep it at about 330fps, go for a TK Twist barrel. Any higher, Madbull V2 or a Prometheus. The Madbull works amazingly in combination with the matching hop unit and rubber.

Comment

Cheers for that buddy! Completely forgot about the M16 barrel *palms face* that should do perfectly!

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Should put one of the original vietnam singlepoint sights on it too
        sigpic

Comment

Bit old school but extremely interesting!

Comment

Yea my brother has one on his G&P XM177. Very cool
            sigpic

Comment

An optic that looks like the original Colt scopes would look good, like this one:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2485

Comment

Or use a psg 1 barrel that's what I did with my aug and an overbore piston . Mental range and accuracy ..

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                  An optic that looks like the original Colt scopes would look good, like this one:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2485
                  That's the scope that I'm thinking about buying, but funds dictate I have to wait for now. But I will provide pics of this when I'm done

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                    Or use a psg 1 barrel that's what I did with my aug and an overbore piston . Mental range and accuracy ..
                    Can I use a PSG 1 barrel with a standard hop up? I would have thought so

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomson2912882 Find out more about tomson2912882
                    Working...
                    X