Beta Project P-Mag feeding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Project P-Mag feeding issues

Right, so heres the story. I brought a 5 pack of Magpuls Beta Project PMAGS (The ones with the dummy rounds in the windows) and when using them in my M4 today, they didn't seem to be feeding. At first i was blaming it on my M4. Were only firing about 1 round every 6 or 7 shots in semi and a couple in burst fire if i was firing in a quick almost double tap burst fire motion. Luckily i did bring along my Classic Army USGI mags, and when i ran them in my M4 they were feeding flawlessly.

Has anyone else had this issue with the Beta Project PMAGS? And is there a solution?

Any help would be much appreciated as i absolutely love the look of the mags, so would hate to have to give them up.

The gun is a completely custom M4. Its using a G&P Noveske Body, and a Classic Army HOP Unit and inner barrel (if that helps)

Cheers,
    Joe
    sigpic

Re: Beta Project P-Mag feeding issues

Following on from an another thread, I can only say that a mate of mine bought the very same mags as you. They worked flawlessly all day for us. We used them in G&P, and G&G guns with no feeding issues.

We also used a few in the new WE M4 as well, again no issues.

Comment

Theyre VERY hit and miss. I have no time for them personally, and would recommend stumping up for PTS mags. My mate has had them, and he had exactly the same issue. A strip of female velcro glued inside the magwell (closest to the trigger) can help.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I just tried with a bit of layered electrical tape. Removed all wobble from the mag and feeds flawlessly

Thanks for the tip
        sigpic

Comment

They work flawlessly in my G&P Sentry.
          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
            They work flawlessly in my G&P Sentry.
            I couldnt get them to work in my G&P Sentry for the life of me ( and the shop owner ) and had to bring them back for a refund.
            MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

they truly are hit and miss!

Doesn't mater how maqny say they work flawlessly in their "am bestest g&g" ect, there are and equal amount that are stuck with a box of paperweights...

£35 for 5.... £20 for one..... wonder why? now you know!

Comment

Yea i learnt my mistake. But with Fenriz's velcro tip, they now seem to be feeding fine. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. Buy cheap pay twice (as they say)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Freak View Post
                  I couldnt get them to work in my G&P Sentry for the life of me ( and the shop owner ) and had to bring them back for a refund.
                  That's a strange one indeed mate, I bought two boxes, one for myself and one for my mate who has a g&g combat machine, neither of us have had any issues. I guess it's just the luck of the draw but so far I can't rate them enough, good quality, excellent feed all for a good price.
                  Get it right roon ye!

Comment

If you want to ensure they feed perfectly with no internal jams either, strip them, get the follower out and sand/shave it into the same shape as a pistol magazine follower, it ensures the BBs stack correctly like they would in a pistol mag and you'll never get internal jams.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                      they truly are hit and miss!

Doesn't mater how maqny say they work flawlessly in their "am bestest g&g" ect, there are and equal amount that are stuck with a box of paperweights...

£35 for 5.... £20 for one..... wonder why? now you know!
                      Unfortunately the genuine Magpul ones hold more rounds, which for someone keen on milsim is a tad sucky, if I were to use only four mags (play as a medic so space is at a premium) it'd be 300 vs 480 rounds, meaning I could bring a few pistol mags along with the genuine Magpul kit whereas I could scrape together a few 40mm grenades with the Beta Projects lol.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Franatix Just your regular student trying to find his way through this mess we call life... Find out more about Franatix
                      Working...
                      X