Motor just spins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor just spins?

I got an old Dboys M4 which has got some damage externally, but I first tested it today and from the sounds of it the motor is just spinning. Gear box isn't connection im guessing, since i have no experience with stripping weapons or internal work

Any advice people can give would be appreciated

Does it sound like its just whiting, or making a horrible grinding noise

Comment

Re: Motor just spins?

hmm it does sound quite horrible. like a high pitch chainsaw

Comment

Could be several things. The pinion gear on the motor may not be properly engaging with the bevel gear causing the horrible sound. Alternately the piston might've stripped. When you shoot the gun, do BBs get pushed into the hop chamber but not shot?

Comment

Could be a lot of things , spur gear probably !!

Comment

Gonna have to start taking it apart ime afraid or to a techie in a shop if you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
              Could be a lot of things , spur gear probably !!
              I've never seen a problem with the spur gear ever, only the bevel, sector and piston... The main problem in the V2 is adjusting the free floating motor so that it engages properly.

Comment

can't take it to any of the shops i know unfortunately because its a crappy chinese make =/
                will take it apart over the weekend hopefully if u can advise me on what to look for

Comment

I only ever had one pinion gear issue. The gear sat on a perfectly round shaft on the motor. When the grub screw worked loosed the mor span within the gear. (now most of them are "key'd" to the motor with a flat edge or similar)

Motor not engaged with the gearbox correctly
                  Pinion gear loose on motor
                  Piston stripped teeth
                  Gearbox stripped teeth

Either way... clear a space on the dining table and break out the tools (or hand it over to somebody who can)

Comment

Originally posted by Priestpel View Post
                    can't take it to any of the shops i know unfortunately because its a crappy chinese make =/
                    make shouldn't matter. Still a V2 gearbox. I know my site techie is currently working on a DBoys. Opportunity to fix it up and upgrade for any techie! Or if you think it's so crappy; what have you got to lose by taking it apart.
                    "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

My money is on stripped piston.
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Wooooo, I fixed it! =D
                        by the looks of it when i opened it up, the anti-reverse latch had popped up and mis-aligned the sector gear. was abit fiddly to get it all back into place but it works fine now! =D
                        cheers for the advice guys, checked everything u all suggested and they are all fine
                        Only problem I seem to see now is it's not feeding correctly... sometimes it shoots and sometimes it doesnt, then bb's start coming out 2 at a time or gather up in the housing. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Priestpel View Post
                          Wooooo, I fixed it! =D
                          by the looks of it when i opened it up, the anti-reverse latch had popped up and mis-aligned the sector gear. was abit fiddly to get it all back into place but it works fine now! =D
                          cheers for the advice guys, checked everything u all suggested and they are all fine
                          Only problem I seem to see now is it's not feeding correctly... sometimes it shoots and sometimes it doesnt, then bb's start coming out 2 at a time or gather up in the housing. any ideas?
                          You make sure the tappet plate spring was on properly? Was the nozzle properly into the tappet plate, the plate sits in the groove on the nozzle, not in front of or behind it.
                          Buy my stuff!

Comment

hmm pretty sure it was, i guess its a case of taking it apart again to see whether im right or wrong tho =/

Comment

Look on the bright side, you get experience working on a v2 gearbox
                              AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Priestpel Find out more about Priestpel
                              Working...
                              X