Springs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs!

Do springs wear a great deal and loose their compression over time?

Just asking as my PSG has low-ish FPS and I'm trying to troubleshoot as well as upgrade.

Any ideas on troubleshooting and improving would be appreciated.

I'm going to take apart the reciever today and look at the spring and piston, anything particular to look for? Also I heard that I should re-grease the piston/ spring and gearbox, what's best to use?

Cheers,
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Re: Springs!

Springs do loose their power over time, but Maruis arent too bad for that, not even the V4 spring which is often left precompressed. I have left mine compressed accidentally before and it has still passed 320fps.

If you are just ding regular airseal maintenance, you won't need to touch the lower gearbox, just take down the upper half and give it a good lean up, look out for any cracks in the airseal nozzle, Piston head. Check that the cylinder head nozzle is properly secured, check that the o-rings are in a good state. If its all clear go ahead and re-grease, then you can check for compression/airseal.
    Cleaning and regreasing the moving airseal parts alone should give you at least 10fps.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

doesnt the PSG precock the spring, so it tends to sit in the compressed position before the trigger is pulled? if this is the case it will loose the fps a lot quicker than a standard AEG. You want release it at the end of each game to maximise its life span.

Comment

Yeh cheers guys, when I took it all apart found the decompression switch - it didn't list it in the bloody manual!

The spring was a bit screwed, I heard a lot out of the factory were shotting 290ish FPS and not the listed 320 anyway. I put an M100 in and it rocketed to 380+ peaking at 411. To make it site legal and preserve the internals I modified the spring to get 336-344 consistently. Also put a new nozzle in, cleaned and regreased everything.

I took it apart again tonight for about the 8th time, wasn't happy with the safety and trigger response, so took the switch unit apart and safety to clean up all the copper contacts and reposition / modify the pin positions - works 10x better now.

Actually getting there with this now. Also stripped the hop up and put it back together with the barrel as the small rod on the top that pushes down on the rubber was a little out of alignment.

It's all together for the weekend now, just got to zero in the scope on the range on Sat. January will see a PDI chamber block (if I can actually find a place in the UK to supply them!) and a G&G magnesium body.

Cheers,
        Weapons of Choice:
        G&G SOC-16
        Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
        JG - AK47 tactical
        VFC Scar - L
        Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
        Working...