Buffer tube coming away from rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffer tube coming away from rifle?

Hi, I while ago my buffer tube along with the stock etc, but the whole of it comes away from the rifle. What can i do to stop it?
    sigpic

Re: Buffer tube coming away from rifle?

More information would be useful...

M4 I presume?
    Does the whole buffer tube pull off the rifle or is it just loose? If it's just loose then in all probability all you need to do is remove the stock and inside the buffer tube you'll see a screw-head, tighten it...

Comment

Yeah it completley comes away.
      sigpic

Comment

Get the screw out of the buffer tube.
        Check the thread on the screw, if it looks good then great, if it looks worn out or even stripped then you need a replacement screw.
        If the thread is okay see if you can screw it into the back of the gearbox, if it goes in solidly then you should be able to re-assemble the whole thing and be happy.
        If the thread is okay but when you try to screw it into the back of the gearbox is is either a sloppy fit or can be pulled straight back out again you need a new spring guide.

Comment

Hmm, Basically when i shake the stock around a screw dangles out, doesnt look like anythings wrong, but the screw doesnt do anything but shake around, when i put it into the tube on the rifle, nothing happens, its like its ment to screw in somewere but doesnt? if you understand me
          sigpic

Comment

Go back and read my post again then, the answer is all there.
            That screw attaches the buffer tube to the spring guide which holds it all in place. Take the entire tube off, get the screw out of the tube and find out if it was just loose, or the problem is either the screw or spring guide.

Comment

if it's loose, and the screw is loose. Try doing up the screw? :S
              sigpic
              View iTrader Rating Here
              Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Okay cheers.
                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
                Working...
                X