Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M249- 8.4v or 9.6v?

Hi guys, another question from me :P

The battery in my CA M249 is in dire need of replacing as it's no longer holding charge for a full day of mild use...I was wondering what battery to get next?
    The gun is completely stock internals and is the full stocked version (not the para one)

It would be nice to get an even faster ROF which makes me lean towards a 9.6v large battery but then I don't know if I will have to compromise the internals life-span by using this? Would a 7.4v lipo with high mAh'age be a better way to go?

cheers

JB
    sigpic

Re: CA M249- 8.4v or 9.6v?

I'm a fan of lipo's to be honest.

You'll be able to fit a monstrous capacity 7.4v lipo in there, but the rof won't be much faster than with an 8.4v nimh. A lipo with the same capacity as a nimh or nicd will last longer due to the more efficient way it delivers its power.

You don't really need to worry about a lipo breaking your gun until you go 3 cell.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Cool, that makes a lot of sense...It's either a 8.4v 4200 mAh nimh or a 7.4v 2200 mAh lipo, I'm leaning towards the lipo now as I like the fact they sustain the ROF even when low on charge and then just stop, much better than slowing down the ROF like a nimh battery
      sigpic

Comment

Depends on your motor - with my standard motor in my m4 it does just suddenly go, with a G&G Scar-L that I just slapped a SHS High-torque in the ROF slowly drops, and then very suddenly drops. Basically I think it's the High Torque motor needing less of a voltage to turn over initially.

I'd definitely say lipo though - ive only ever used lipos, but my housemate who has both 8.4 and 9.6 nimhs just looks longingly at my deans connectors and rapidly recharging while i have lunch lipos :P
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

7.4v Lipo, definitely, a good one will run at least well if not better than any 9.6v.
          Don't buy an airsoft lipo though, they're overpriced, look at other custom lipo options and you can get huge capacity, high discharge Lipos that will fit and do you a far better job.

Comment

get yourself a monster of a 7.4v lipo a 5000 mah number
            Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Don't go for a 9.6v on a CA249. The CA249's run faster than your average V2 or 3 gearbox, I used to see a lot of stripped pistons in them when I used to work in an airsoft shop due to high voltage batteries. A 7.4V lipo should be fine. If you want an increase in rof, get a G&P short stroke piston kit, they are around £25. The 249 gearbox is one of the easiest to remove and work on, especially if you're new to working on internals.

I fitted a short stroke piston and sector gear in one of my 249's and use an 11.1V lipo with no problems and a daft (if I'm honest lol) rate of fire.
              AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
              G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
              Working...
              X