Ares Tavor - Tar-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares Tavor - Tar-21

Looking to put a tightbore , new spring ( 360fps ) and a new Hop up.

Looking for best accuracy , range and power.

What length barrel ?
    What hop unit ?
    Roughly what size spring to achieve a 360 fps on 0.2g ?

Thanks Dan

Forgot to mention its the long barrel version

Comment

Re: Ares Tavor - Tar-21

m105 or m110 would give 360fps on most AEG's, however your might be slightly different mate. hope this helps. cheers

Comment

What are you gonna do with 360? UK limit for an AEG is 350

Comment

Nah my site is 360 fps but most are 350
          sigpic

Comment

Barrel: Measure your current barrel : Then get a barrel the same length. Look at the MadBull Black Python Ver2.'s. They are nice tightbores. I would suggest a 6.03. But if your accuracy is already fine, don't buy it. Waste of money if your accuracy is already good!

Spring: These vary according to brand. If you get a Prometheus M100 it'll give you about 100-105m/s or 330-340fps. You want little more than that so go for a M110, so it'll settle at about the mid 350's.

EDIT: Apparently Systema M100's give 365fps. I use this thread on another forum for working out the rough fps from differ spring ratings: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/AE...er-t14479.html

Hop: This is a bit difficult. Having never owned an Ares TAR-21 or a TAR-21 at all myself, I cannot comment on a hop unit, but have you tried just changing the hop rubber (or bucking) + nub? Some hop rubbers can really up your game for a really cheap price!

Hope that helps at all. :D
            Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 30 June, 2012, 22:27. Reason: additional info
            sigpic

Comment

Hi mate, I once had a Tavor and have a slight suspicion that Ares decided to attach the barrel to the hop up unit in a weird way; meaning that it cannot be replaced...
              sigpic

Comment

The hop can't be replaced or the barrel or both ?

Comment

Barrel isn't unique.. I have a madbull barrel in mine. However hop unit is unique, you could try methods of shimming the hop up for best air seal and consistency

Comment

Teflon tape would improve your airseal between barrel/rubber/hop - And yeah, tightbore if you need it - i just changed the hop rubber in my m4 from stock (G&G of JG) to a madbull blue and the accuracy jumped up quite a bit, give that a go first! (I'm still sticking a tightbore in mine though, Raven PDI 6.01 - i dont trust aluminium or brass barrels - dirt can scratch them in ways it will never scratch steel)
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                      What are you gonna do with 360? UK limit for an AEG is 350
                      No such thing.
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dantakular I'm Dan, just Dan Find out more about Dantakular
                      Working...
                      X