increasing range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increasing range

im currently using a cyma aksu and the time has come for a couple of mods i think. its currently shooting aprox 335 fps and is completly standard apart from a tm hop rubber. today during skirmish i noticed that i was being out ranged by many other players using aeg's. so basically i want to increase the range just not sure how too lol. i also want to increase my rof so have been looking at a shs tune up kit 13:1 ratio, there are quite a few ration's to choose from how do i choose which 1?

Re: increasing range

Range is all about hopup. The best range you can get is a R-Hop, it takes some tuning and really requires .25's or above. But once it's done you'll have better range than most people on your site.

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
      Range is all about hopup. The best range you can get is a R-Hop, it takes some tuning and really requires .25's or above. But once it's done you'll have better range than most people on your site.
      Probably not best to recommend an r-hop to someone who doesn't know where to start when it comes to aeg tuning.

Tightbore barrel and a new hop rubber are where I'd start. Clean your barrel more often if you don't already.

Standard gears are 18:1 ratio. Go lower and you get more speed, higher and they produce more torque.

13:1s are pretty much as far towards the speed end as you can go. I'd recommend some 16:1s.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

the r-hop idea looks great but i think it looks a little beyond my ability at the moment how ever i may give it a go once i have got a new barrel then i can cut up the old one and still have a working gun if all goes wrong lol. what about the actual hop unit itself would it be worth changing the standard cyma 1 for a beter make? if so which 1? and also what hop rubber would you recomend?

Comment

the hopup chamber itself doesnt normally need changing,unless its actually broken, it usually the bits that go inside it thats more important...as said before like the rubber, the nub, the quality of the barrel, and quality and weight of the bbs,and the air nozzle,which needs to be in good condition,with a good airseal...actually airseal is really important across the whole board
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

so what brand barrel and hop rubber would you recomend? and is the shs tune up kit the best route to go for the gear box upgrades or is there something better for similar money?

Comment

for the money you cant really better the SHS, as for barrel n hop, a really good combo is the madbull v2 black python£25 and probably blue 60 degree shark rubber £7 for two of the bay

i know i said dont bother changing the hopup chamber....but if you was going to use that combo, then using the madbull ultimate 3 in1 hop up chamber £30 would compliment it very well indeed....also if you wanted to add a little extra, you can fit the tracer unit £25 or £50 for the pair to it for a nice touch....

this is just an opinion,and is not set in stone, there are other combos of barrel n rubber n nubs which would also work, but this is the setup that i have......

edit...ive just realised that you are using a cyma ak....i have no idea what type of hopup chamber is in that gun,so the advice i have given is for a standard 1 piece hop unit,so please bear that in mind
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Get a H-nub, it's about 2 quid online and has made a huge difference to my ICS aegs.

Comment

i would recommend trying a guarder clear silicone hop rubber and only using high quality .25g ammo (like excel)

then, assuming that the gearbox is delivering consistent power and that nothing else is wrong with the aeg, i would look at mebbe a tightbore barrel.

this simple stuff should make a noticeable difference for not much effort.

after that i might look at improving the airseal or other ways to make the aeg more consistent

Comment

when chronoed i was getting consistant figures only about 4-5 fps deviation and in use its very consistant with range etc just want a bit ferther lol. so is any one selling a tightbore etc for a aksu? if so please mail me

Comment

dont suppose any one knows what length barrel i would need for this?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

davegt3 Find out more about davegt3
                      Working...
                      X