Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li-po

Hi,

This is my first time with li-po batteries. I have purchased 2 7.4v 2200 mAh batteries for a gun I have purchased. I have checked that they fit and will work with the RIF.

Can somebody please explain the alarm system I need and why I need one?

Thanks

Re: Li-po

alarms goes beep, when low batterys so they dont completely discharge, if they completely discharge, the battery will become useless/die/explode/flames/etc... the end.
    sigpic
    View iTrader Rating Here
    Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

I personally prefer the cell monitors with the LED display to alarms. An alarm can go off due to the load dropping the voltage past the threshold, which is both annoying and wrong. A cell monitor just shows the current voltage of each cell and the total cell voltage.

I've actually glued mine directly into my rifle and added a little switch wired somewhat dubiously onto the ground wire, but those monitor units are nice, if you don't know how to tell if a battery is low without one.

Comment

I use a voltage display as well but after a few games you wall get an idea how many mags you can put through before needing to change . I have about 5 batteries now so I usually change every other round.

Comment

get a volt reader and alarm they are both pretty cheap

Comment

I just stop shooting when ROF slows down...

Comment

or that ^^^^ :-)

Comment

Same here although I use 3000mah 7.4 lipo so it easily does all day

Comment

If you decide to use the voltage or alarm units, make sure you don't leave them attached when you have finished with the gun. They continue to draw current and if you store your guns in the garage for instance, the battery level will slowly drop, the alarm will kick in and continue to draw current until the battery is totally flat/useless.
                  As its your own gun, I would go the KISS route and change batteries when the gun slows up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKeenski View Post
                    Hi,

This is my first time with li-po batteries. I have purchased 2 7.4v 2200 mAh batteries for a gun I have purchased. I have checked that they fit and will work with the RIF.

Can somebody please explain the alarm system I need and why I need one?

Thanks
                    I found the alarms to be a pain,if you fire sustained full auto the draw can make them alarm.
                    I use 2 x 1750's in a days play,they are never flat but I change them anyway.
                    The same as Bach' I used a lipo tester to check them before and after play and also after charging just to make sure that they are retaining their optimum ability.
                    I have the charge voltage per cell and per battery written on them in magic marker for easy reference.
                    After a couple of outings you will suss them out.

Comment

If you've got 2, just change it over at lunch time mate.
                      That's what I do on my AEG and I have 2 x 7.4V @ 1200mAh

Depends how you play, but if you change over at lunch time, you should be fine I'd say

Comment

My M16A1 has a 6000mAh LiPo - I'm not likely to need to change that in one day's play.

Comment

I have 3 so will just switch over at lunch, saves annoying alarms going off all the time!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrKeenski Find out more about MrKeenski
                          Working...
                          X