Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Will I have to replace the hop-up if i upgrade to a new inner barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I have to replace the hop-up if i upgrade to a new inner barrel?

I have started looking into upgrading my AEG and one of the parts was a Precision Tight Bore barrel and i was wondering whether i had to upgrade the hop-up in any way?

Please let me know thanks
    Last edited by blytm; 7 July, 2012, 19:07.
    sigpic

Re: Will I have to replace the hop-up if i upgrade to a new inner barrel?

Most people on here wouldn't advise .1,bb quality will be more critical.
    If you do decide to upgrade you may as well upgrade the hop for the price and you'll have it apart anyway.
    Madbull seems favourite on here.

Comment

You don't have to, however on an AEG that isn't a semi locked marksman gun it is better to stick to 6.03mm than 6.01mm as it gives a better reliability scale with common ammo.

But as snuff pointed out while it is apart why not, you have a huge selection to choose from.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

++ you're link will soon be deleted due to the advertising.

Comment

Tbh I've never heard of that make and with postage etc it won't be much cheaper than an equivelant known barrel over here..

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
            Tbh I've never heard of that make and with postage etc it won't be much cheaper than an equivelant known barrel over here..
            Haven't heard of PDI?

Mebe you shouldn't giving advice on upgrade parts :p

Don't bother changing the hop unit, the new barrel plugs into your current one. New hop unit isn't an upgrade, accuracy depends on your choice of hop rubber and how well its put back together.

The madbull hop units are designed for madbull bodies. People have had issues getting them to fit into other aegs.

Just to add, 6.01 barrels have been shown to be less accurate than larger diameter barrels. Check out some of hunterseeker5's stuff. The long and narrow barrel mantra is old school and wrong. Go for a good quality 6.03 or above. Bore quality is the most important factor.
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
              Haven't heard of PDI?

Mebe you shouldn't giving advice on upgrade parts :p
              Practise what you preach:
              Don't bother changing the hop unit, the new barrel plugs into your current one. New hop unit isn't an upgrade, accuracy depends on your choice of hop rubber and how well its put back together.
              Not necessarilly true. Madbull hops come with a new rubber and nub. I usually go for a new hop as well so that I don't screw up a hop/barrel assembly that works. Plus, they usually ARE better than what was fitted.

The madbull hop units are designed for madbull bodies. People have had issues getting them to fit into other aegs.
              Such as?
              Assuming this is actually for an M4 or M16, I've had no trouble at all fitting them in G&G, G&P and APS bodies. Fitting them in ICS bodies requires modication, but they're not normal anyway.

Just to add, 6.01 barrels have been shown to be less accurate than larger diameter barrels. Check out some of hunterseeker5's stuff. The long and narrow barrel mantra is old school and wrong. Go for a good quality 6.03 or above. Bore quality is the most important factor.
              This part is good advice.

Comment

^ in response to that, the hop up itself doesn't matter, as mr phatvortex says it's down to the rubber and the hop nub.
                the actual container doesn't make that bigger difference.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

got to agree with phat, had a 6.05 much better than the .01 that i used a while ago (same barrel length). If money is an issue (it should be done anyway) ensure good airseal, hop mods etc for consistancy, accuracy will be made better through consistancy, good hop, barrel, an appropriate BB weight, a well made BB and FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
                    ^ in response to that, the hop up itself doesn't matter, as mr phatvortex says it's down to the rubber and the hop nub.
                    the actual container doesn't make that bigger difference.
                    It does on M4/M16s.
                    The madbull hop adjuster is axial to the barrel, like the G36 and P90 (and ICS CXPs), and is easier to adjust than the normal perpendicular type. Plus it stays put longer under vibration.
                    Then there's the built-in option for a hop-up tracer.

Comment

The combination I use in my M16 and M4s is:
                      Madbull hop, blue rubber, and 6.03mm barrel (length is model-dependent)
                      330-350 fps
                      0.25g ASG Blaster BBs

The only Hop units I didn't change when I fitted Madbull 6.03 barrels were in my MP5 and P90 - But that's because those guns are TM.

Comment

It comes down to personal choice,if I was upgrading to a TB (even RaVIn) I'd prolly go for a new set-up rather than keep the old used item,at least a new rubber.

Comment

Don't got for a 6.01 unless you're prepared for serious maintenance and probably hassle.

With BB's having tolerances of +/- .1mm there just isn't room for error, the last thing you want is jamming!

Stick with a 6.03 or 6.04.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                            Not necessarilly true. Madbull hops come with a new rubber and nub. I usually go for a new hop as well so that I don't screw up a hop/barrel assembly that works. Plus, they usually ARE better than what was fitted.

Such as?
                            Assuming this is actually for an M4 or M16, I've had no trouble at all fitting them in G&G, G&P and APS bodies. Fitting them in ICS bodies requires modication, but they're not normal anyway.
                            Well yeah, of course you'd change the hop rubber, that goes without saying. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't.

They've said its designed for a range of bodies coming out this year or next year, it's in a topic somewhere on this forum. Again, there have been many threads where people have said they needed to modify the madbull hop unit to fit, which is unacceptable for such an expensive unit.

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                            It does on M4/M16s.
                            The madbull hop adjuster is axial to the barrel, like the G36 and P90 (and ICS CXPs), and is easier to adjust than the normal perpendicular type. Plus it stays put longer under vibration.
                            Then there's the built-in option for a hop-up tracer.
                            Yes, but it gives a smaller range of adjustment and is more finicky in my experience. It takes two seconds to modify a regular m4 hop unit to stay put rock solidly, so thats pretty much a moot point.

Built in tracer option? You'd justify paying so much for a hop unit because it has holes in it? I have a drill.

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                            It comes down to personal choice,if I was upgrading to a TB (even RaVIn) I'd prolly go for a new set-up rather than keep the old used item,at least a new rubber.
                            Yes but I'm saying there isn't much point. If you just get a new hop unit of the same brand as your gun, you'll just be replacing a serviceable item with another serviceable item. Again, new hop rubber goes without saying.
                            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Ok now my m4 has a 375mm length barrel in it at the moment and i do agree with going with a PDI because of there reviews but as you all are saying you get better accuracy with 6.03 rather than a .01 and there will be a point where ill upgrade the hop up rubber. Also i have a 190mm silencer on the end of the gun, should the barrel be longer now?
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

rtraynor097 Find out more about rtraynor097
                              Working...
                              X