Collapse

G&P Enforcer - Range Upgrades - Help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Enforcer - Range Upgrades - Help?!

Evening all,

I have a G&P Enforcer, currently shooting approximately 320FPS consistently. It it completely standard apart from a new 6.03 Madbull Tight Bore & Upgraded hop-up rubber.

The range is ok, but falls quite quickly.. I think it starts dipping at about 30 meters. Obviously, it's not terrible; especially for a rifle with only a 10.5'' barrel

BUT,

I want it to shoot further with power.. and I'm not sure on the best ways of doing it. Everything else with the gun is great, but as I play woodland a lot; the range counts!

Re: G&P Enforcer - Range Upgrades - Help?!

I know this sounds stupid, but you have adjusted the hop-up? Sorry to ask, it's just G&P guns usually have great range OOTB, so I can't think of many reasons for the 30m range your getting. Do you know which hop-up rubber you have in it? A good choice for increasing range would be a H-Nub or a Madbull shark, as they increase the strength of the hop-up on each BB.
    sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

I have the standard G&P hop unit with a new blue madbull rubber.. I'm confused too!

Comment

Try .25s, lose some speed for a good bit of distance.

Should that be insufficient, turn the hop fully on and deal with firing with a double arc of hop up spin followed by drop.
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

What ammo you using? A standard 300fps gun should still see 40m. I'm guessing the nub isn't pushing down enough on rubber, maybe do a Niro nub

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

It's 0.20 at the moment, will be using .25s this weekend as I just bought some! It seems whenever I adjust the hop it just goes into a curveball straight away without hardly any adjustment; its a bit strange.. might just get a new hop unit

Comment

Did you install it correctly. You've not yourself mentioned the word nub so I'm going to make sure you know what it is. The hop up rubber sits on the barrel, and between the hop up rubber, and the plastic part of the adjustment mechanism, there's a little rubber... thing. It's roughly the diameter of the part of a biro that holds the ink. If you simply removed the barrel put the new hop rubber on and replaced the barrel, without taking the adjustment mechanism apart, you could easily have lost this part to the ether. This would explain why adjusting the hop dial does nothing. If you find you have lost it and need to replace it, you can use a piece of biro. Just chop it to size. It makes the hop adjustment very sensitive though, and obviously isn't what the gun is designed to take. If the hop nub is still there, and it's not doing anything, maybe a biro nub is worth putting in, because it will give more feedback than the rubber versions. Go careful if you do. Turning it up too high can tear the hop rubber when you're using biro, or cause the BBs to jam.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

If you are running a madbull hop rubber and nub, it is probally that as I have had issues with them reducing my range too!
                "What makes the grass grow...Blood Blood Blood"

Comment

The nubs in place, I can see the nub pushing onto the rubber.. It just doesn't seem to make much difference and a tiny adjustment throws it straight up into a curve!

It's. Standard G&P hop just with an upgraded rubber!

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
                    The nubs in place, I can see the nub pushing onto the rubber.. It just doesn't seem to make much difference and a tiny adjustment throws it straight up into a curve!

It's. Standard G&P hop just with an upgraded rubber!
                    Try a different hop rubber and nub.

Some guns have preferences as to which rubber/ nub combo they like best.
                    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Ok, so from what your saying, the hops working fine? Some heavier ammo will stop the hop setting being so sensitive as it will take more hop to make a heavier bb start lifting

Originally posted by Metalbody
                      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

lol, why change the hop unit? its the rubber that touches the bb and affects flight.... the unit only gives mechanical adjustment.

Try a softer rubber, the madbull blue is too hard for 0.2's, try a standard 50deg rubber like guarder or ultimate

Comment

The Madbull blue is fine usually, the nub they supply is often too long though, so catches and does not sit straight.

I'd look to get the Madbull Ultimate hop unit, because they offer really precise adjustment and also I found the G&P ones leak a little.

Comment

As others have mentioned, try a different hop rubber and nub for the time being.
                            The Madbull Ultimate is a nice hop unit if you want to stay with a "traditional" hop, but not if you want to get into further hop tinkering as you get more advanced.

Initially I'd just consider dropping a Tokyo Marui hop rubber back in there with a standard nub.

If you want to get your hands dirty and have a serious tinker with your hop though then there are other routes, but they take a lot more work... PM me as I don't want to fill up this thread completely.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
                            Working...
                            X