Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta ring slightly too small?

Hi guys,

I have a slight predicament. I ordered from an HK store, a stubby "mini patriot" RIS, however the delta ring on it is slightly too small, callipers say by 1mm ish. It also appears the thread pitch may be slightly different, but I cant tell that for sure, its too close to eye ball and callipers wont really get in there.
    So essentially I cant fit the RIS to my gun.
    I've tried on a couple of bodies and confirmed that it's not just me (Dboys, JG, G&G). I've contacted the seller but they don't really seem interested in helping (pays your money, takes your choice when ordering from HK, but I already knew this) so I'm wondering;
    Is the size of a standard TM delta ring point on the upper smaller than other brands? If anyone happens to have a set of digital callipers and could measure for me that would be rather handy.

The other question is, what would you do in this situation?
    Any thoughts on how I could perhaps still mount it to the body? Maybe grind down the delta ring point on the upper body as it's just a dboys one anyway, make holes for grub screws and hold that bad boy on that way as I'm not fussed about being able to mount other RIS' on there. It's going to be a pretty much custom gun anyway by the time I'm finished making modifications to the body work with plasticard etc..

Suggestions appreciated

Re: Delta ring slightly too small?

My CA M15A4 ABS body is 31mm dunno if this helps.

If the delta ring detached from the RIS I'd put the ring on my lathe and skim the inside 'til it fitted then either screw it on as normal if poss or use 3 screws to attach it.

SAS

Comment

Cheers. I've contacted the seller again also to see if I can persuade them into actually sorting it out
      The measurement is also helpful as mine reads 30.81mm so very much on the mark for the 31mm. The actual barrel nut/delta ring is 30.1mm so almost 1mm smaller. I know it's not a lot, but its enough.

Might be time for a home made lathe.. or a second hand one if I don't get the answer I want :P

Comment

Bear in mind you're measuring the peaks of the female thread and (I assume) the peaks of the male thread and given that the threads mesh the female ID should be smaller than the male OD. If your calipers have knife edges on the tips try measuring the valley bottoms of the male thread. I'd be happy to help you out with resizing the nut.

SAS

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BioSniper Find out more about BioSniper
        Working...
        X