Collapse

AEG fires one shot, then none after it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG fires one shot, then none after it.

Hi,

I am currently re assembling me friends DMR build, and I have put it back together only to find it fired one shot then stoped! It makes no noise now too
    I am quite puzzled with this one, anyone have any fixes for it?

Many thanks,
    Spencer
    "What makes the grass grow...Blood Blood Blood"

Re: AEG fires one shot, then none after it.

Is it a V2 gearbox? If it is, check the trigger is still in the right place. I was rebuilding a V2 gearbox last week and has the same problem, turned out the trigger kept slipping and was no longer pushing the contacts together. The trigger spring was pushing the trigger to one side so it kept popping out of the locating holes and was causing the same thing - no noise.

First things first though, check the battery connections, fuse and contacts on the motor.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

another thing to look at is the trigger block stopper is still there , had loads the last couple of months breaking off
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Oh, thanks guys. I think it is to do with the trigger slipping, how can I fix this easily?

Comment

Depends on how it's slipping really, slipping sometimes points towards a worn trigger, the bit at the top that pushes the switch block forward. Take the gearbox apart and just put in the switch, trigger and connect the motor, close and test.

Comment

Ok, thanks. However it only slips when the motor is fitted inside, it doesn't slip when the motor spins outside!

Comment

Yes because electrically you have a circuit, but the gears aren't rotating, therefore the cut off lever doesn't activate, causing the trigger block to slip.... Replace trigger block, if the stopper pin is broken it can be fixed, but would be out of your skill level I'm guessing, no offence.....

Comment

Thanks, but I think the gears are spinning, I believe it does one full cycle then it slips.

Comment

thats exactly what its doing..... take it to someone who knows what he's doing, you, i'm afraid, do not

Comment

Ok, thanks anyway. But would adding some lube help she out? she is a tad dry at the moment.

Comment

hi lads im haveing this exact issue with one of the guns in the workshop at the moment the trigger keeps slipping out but only when the guns all assembled again it dosent slip when the gearbox isnt in the gun and te moor rns fine when its not in i know what im doing ive done literallly hundreds of gearboxes but never had this what exactly can i do? i had it working erlier on but the nut slipped out the back of the spring guide and i didnt notice so the stock wouldnt screw on now im back to square one waht exactly can i do ive replaced the trigger with a few different kinds along with the contact the trigger pushes still nothing any help??

Comment

I'm having the same issue in my mates G3 and I'm thoroughly convinced it's nothing to do with the trigger slipping. There is simply no way the contacts can fail to meet once the gun is assembled, the trigger assembly is one solid, block unit, even if I removed it from the gun completely it wouldn't slip. Encasing it in metal ought to make it less likely to slip, not cause it to slip.

What else could it be besides the trigger slipping?

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                        : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                        AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

The trigger is designed to slip after one shot, that is the purpose of the cam on the sector gear and the cut off lever. What happens when you release the trigger? do you hear a *click* as the trigger re-engages the switchblock?
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I know that Dave, I'm not an idiot.

The thing is, it isn't after one shot, it's after one pull and release of the trigger.

If the "one shot" is on auto, then it keeps firing as long as the trigger is held down. It's when I release it that the gun dies, whether it's on semi, auto or anything, pulling and releasing the trigger makes the gun completely fail. Nothing AT ALL happens on the second trigger pull, no noise from the motor at all, it's like there isn't a battery fitted.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                            : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                            AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

sounds like the switch block stopper is broken away from the shell , when its missing the switch block is allowed to move too far back meaning the trigger cant connect again
                              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Spencer Find out more about Spencer
                              Working...
                              X