Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding first airsoft gun

Hi,
    at the moment I am just getting into airsoft and have 2 options for my first gun.

A Jing Gong HK416 full metal long barrel (hopefully the tech guy at my airsoft site can replace the stock with a crane with battery space) - the front sight flips down so I could install an ACM CompM3 replica. HK416 is my favourite gun.

Or a G&G GR15 Raider. At the moment I'm more inclined to the 416 because M4s are so commonplace in airsoft. The problem I have with this version is as far as I've heard, there's no way to remove the front sight without getting a new barrel. Which would suck because the red dot probably won't clear it. But the rest of it is apparently awesome (pneumatic blowback etc.)

Does anyone know how to remove the front sight without a saw, and can anyone give me any information regarding the JG 416 [Accuracy, range, what's a long life battery that fits in crane stock] (I've heard varied opinions, not sure about the 'improved' versions - most of them are from 2009 earlier models, I've heard they've got better.(V2)
    Thanks

Re: Questions regarding first airsoft gun

Originally posted by JJT View Post
    Hi,
    at the moment I am just getting into airsoft and have 2 options for my first gun.

A Jing Gong HK416 full metal long barrel (hopefully the tech guy at my airsoft site can replace the stock with a crane with battery space) - the front sight flips down so I could install an ACM CompM3 replica. HK416 is my favourite gun.

Or a G&G GR15 Raider. At the moment I'm more inclined to the 416 because M4s are so commonplace in airsoft. The problem I have with this version is as far as I've heard, there's no way to remove the front sight without getting a new barrel. Which would suck because the red dot probably won't clear it. But the rest of it is apparently awesome (pneumatic blowback etc.)

Does anyone know how to remove the front sight without a saw, and can anyone give me any information regarding the JG 416 [Accuracy, range, what's a long life battery that fits in crane stock] (I've heard varied opinions, not sure about the 'improved' versions - most of them are from 2009 earlier models, I've heard they've got better.(V2)
    Thanks
    I'm a HK416 fan too, own an SRC416. Lets face it though, it also is just another M4, a snobs M4.

If you want a crane stock battery, you'll have to get it rear wired too- the setup is different for a foregrip battery versus a stock battery.

The front sight isn't a massive problem, either hacksaw it off the gas block- or simply buy a gas block with no sight/ a little rail on it to replace your sighted one. Easy peasy.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the reply.
      I'm pretty sure the JG he has is already rear wired (the battery goes in the fixed stock)

I'm actually thinking of getting the G&G Raider and then maybe get the G&G 416 replica when I get into it more, Chinese guns seem to have a reputation of inconsistency (one is great, the next one off the line fires like a pile of dog excrement)

And G&G seem to have a pretty good reputation.

Comment

Regarding the gas block thing
        Is the sight mounted on what would be the gas block, meaning you can remove the sight/gas block from the barrel?
        So I wouldn't have to buy a new outer barrel?

Comment

Hi,
          thanks for the reply.
          I'm pretty sure the JG he has is already rear wired (the battery goes in the fixed stock)

I'm actually thinking of getting the G&G Raider and then maybe get the G&G 416 replica when I get into it more, Chinese guns seem to have a reputation of inconsistency (one is great, the next one off the line fires like a pile of dog excrement)

And G&G seem to have a pretty good reputation.
          That sounds about right to me. JG have got better over the years, but you still may have issues. G&G have got much, much better by all accounts.

Regarding the gas block thing
          Is the sight mounted on what would be the gas block, meaning you can remove the sight/gas block from the barrel?
          So I wouldn't have to buy a new outer barrel?
          That's right yeah. It's usually held on by a few pins that you drive out with a punch, and an allen grub screw underneath. You may need to persuade it off the outer barrel, but on a new gun it should just slide off at that point.

Just repeat in reverse with your replacement gas block and voila.
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

Yeh hope it works. but I've heard G&G welded the pins in on this model :3
            Maybe they got the hint from a lot of people and decided to change it?
            What model do you own?

Comment

The more expensive ones have pins through them, i know on my that it separate as it wobbles a tiny amount free of the outer barrel. But both sides of the pin are rounded, i think i may have to grind the end of the pins off to get them out however.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Well
                I just contacted a local stockist regarding the G&G low end GR15, and he says he won't stock it because he's had nothing but trouble with them in the past :?

Comment

Wasnt (you have PM) was it? They dont like G&G. Honestly they are up there with the big guns now!
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yeh this is one of their lower end models. The TR16 looks pretty high up.
                    What are your JG guns like?

Comment

Yeh hope it works. but I've heard G&G welded the pins in on this model :3
                      Maybe they got the hint from a lot of people and decided to change it?
                      What model do you own?
                      Sounds like you'll have to smash its back doors in with a pillar drill.
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JJT Find out more about JJT
                      Working...
                      X