RS type 56 mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS type 56 mags?

hi guys im gonna get the above rifle and was wondering will any ak mags work in it or are there any prefferable to this weapon, im thinking of metal midcas if anyone can reccomend any particular make?

Any help very greatly appreciated!!

jay
    Foxtrot Oscar

Re: RS type 56 mags?

I'm sure most TM-compatible mags fit in them (which is almost everything). You may need to file down the retaining lug a little but that's abuout it.

Comment

also lonex flash mags fit if you file the lug down a little
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

cheers for the rapid responses guys, can u also reccomend what lipos i couild use with it, i know its a custom batt it takes usually but is there a lipo option without an unsightly peq?

Whats the general concensus on good metal ak mags? around 12-150 rnd mids? as in make?

Sorry fr the question bombardment....
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

Spend the money and get the RS midcaps they are every bit as good quality as the rifles. I run a 56 full stock, an LCT RPK NV and a G&G AIMS they fit and work perfectly in all of them.

Comment

cheers pug what batterys do u use in it? also how much that rpk set u back mate?
            Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

I use 9.6v 1600mah stick nimh batteries, the RPK is just beautiful I had the earlier version and it was good but the new one is better again performance wise and for looks. It cost me £350, sourced in the UK, and is worth every penny.

Comment

want 1. that is all.

oh no its not. i heard the rs takes specific thinner batterys? is this correct or can i wang in any old stick battery? cheers again.
                Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

I had a RS Type 56-1 and I had nothing but problems with mags, the RS AK mags would jam up loads as well even after been fully stripped, cleaned and lubed. I sold my Type 56 and got an LCT AKMS and I have never regretted it, so much so I also have an LCT AKM and AK105 now. I would recommend LCT over RS any day of the week. The performance of the weapon itself is better too, change the hop rubbers in them and you'll have one heck of a performer, I'm saving up at the moment to upgrade all my AKs to be running tightbores and better hop units as well including high torque motors.

Comment

i use a ak stick type lipo in mine

Comment

ok thx guys sorry to hear u had mag problems mate, ive kinda commited to the gat now so im in for the long haul. lets hope i get lucky and mine work.
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

well i didnt experience feeding problems with mine

Comment

thats airsoft through and through, 5 guys buy 5 of the same rifle, same condition, same day. within 5 games most probably worked fine but 1 has gone pete tong. like cars. sometimes they just dont wana work.
                          Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

That's the problem too, when you're spending £380 nearly for the gun and then £28 for the midcaps each you would hope that they would work fine. But I'm glad I had the issues though because I've moved onto LCT and I'm a lot happier for it.

Comment

ok has anyone tried the CYMA 150 rnders in this gun? they are about 13 quid a pop so if they dont work no problem rather than at 28 quid a pop they dont work BIG problem for the RS ones.
                              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jockjay Find out more about jockjay
                              Working...
                              X