Any chargers work for any battery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chargers work for any battery??

Sorry, does anyone know if any/all chargers work with any/all batteries?

I have bought a bunch of EAG's of the forum here but none come with chargers, but I do have a charger for my own one which I bought before... can I charge all my new ones with that same charger?

Thanks,

Steve.

Re: Any chargers work for any battery??

EAG = AEG?!

What charger you using for these batteries? If it is a cheap one that came with a JG or similar I'd consider replacing it!

I went for a Pro Peak Varipulse 2500, it was £35, but it will look after the batteries, cuts off when done, and fast charges. The cheaper chargers will keep charging until either you unplug it, or when it explodes in glory!

Comment

Ah, that's good to know... I didn't realise you could overcharge. Yeah I only have a cheap JG like you said... I'll get a decent one then. So the type of battery (volts/amps) won't matter?

Comment

What you running, standard 8.4v packs?

I got the
        Pro-Peak Varipulse 2500VP Variable Fast/Trickle Charger

Does the job for 8.4v packs, and also good for 9.6v packs. You'll try them one day and never go back - believe me!

Comment

OK I'll get one of them then I think, I'll buy one on Sunday if they sell them at GZ.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

The only thing that pack don't do is discharge. So depending on your battery type you may need a discharger too. (£10).

I run Vapextech, which apparently have no memory effect, so don't need a discharge before charge. But I still do, lol.

Comment

agh i had written a big reply for you but your probabaly looking for a simple answer and not a chemistry lesson, so skipping all the fun stuff and to the point.

batterys hardly ever explode when you overcharge them - but they will get very damaged and probabaly best thrown away.

the charger you get depends on the kind of batery chemistry, lithium ion, Lipoly, Nicad(sale of is banned in europe now btw) NiMH

Memory effect is relatively un proven for the kind of cells that we use in airsoft and it doesnt mattery for the hight load that aegs are under anyway.

i discharger is still good for when your nbot going to be using things for a while.

and some other blah

aye you could get a chunky pro peak, but that seems to very much be a word of mouth thing among airsofters, alot of people buy them because alot of other people say they are good,but you can get chargers that are just as good for less money. I just picked up a new one for £15 that can charge up 12V, can run off the mains or you 12V jack in your car (good for weekenders) and has crocky clips too
              and its not a cheap trix based one that will die after 10 months.

sry if it still came off rantish, im still drunky
              back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

lol thank you.

Actually I think I may have damaged my battery from overcharging it already. Like I said, the charger's a JG one that came from China with the gun, it has a europe adapter thingy.

Anyway, I plugged it into the shaver thing because it fits in that, and plugged in the battery and left it over night... now... overnight should be enough right?? Once plugged back into the gun, the battery seems to only last about a minute before no power again.

Do I need to buy a new battery now aswell as a charger?

Comment

yes..... sounds like its fryed.

but try charging the batterey off the new charger before you bung it....... it may be the chargers fubar

Comment

If you're still using the cheapo battery, show your gun some love and get a new one.

Vapextech on ebay - brilliant batteries. I paid £20 for a 9.6v 3300 mah. £12 for a 8.4v 2200mah. Bargain!

Comment

i agree. vapex = win. i also have the 3300mah 9.6 and have to say its excellent

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SKORP Find out more about SKORP
                      Working...
                      X