gun firing all over the place, new hop rubber, barrel, nub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gun firing all over the place, new hop rubber, barrel, nub

hi guys right well i got a new gun second hand off here and it was firing abit wonky so i straight away thought the hop up is shot so orderd a new hop rubber (guarder soft bucking) and a madbull TBB also added in a H Nub

Now took it out on its first outing with these upgrades at the weekend and its firing no better sometimes worse... would it be to do with it having new components that need to bed in? or something not working right? has anyone had much experience with H nubs? also took the barrel out of the hop and the rubber has torn slightly but nowhere near either end or near the hole where the nub pushes in would this effect it? its also firing 2 bb's occasionally....

also the little brass ring that sits around the barrel and goes into the hop unit doesnt fit around my madbull barrel so have left it off till i find one the right size.. will this make a difference? the FPS on the gun still seems ok tho for what it is at 290 so im pretty sure its got no air leaks ect

and finaly i want to increase the fps to around the 330 mark what is the best way? new spring i was thinking but been told a m100 will make it to powerful?!

anyhelp would be great

thanks, mitch
    Mitch

Re: gun firing all over the place, new hop rubber, barrel, nub

id remove the h nub mate theyve always caused that issue in my guns stick with a nice rubbe nub or even a biro num replace the bucking with one thats not torn and go from there mate also give the barrel a nice clean and if there are any defomations in the chamberyou could benift from a new one

Comment

I've used a H nub and it worked fine, but in this case I think you've changed too much at once, and because of that you don't know what the problem is.

So I would change back parts until it starts working fine again. Start with changing the H nub back to standard, it it's still all over the place, try the standard barrel, etc until you find the problem.

Comment

As above replace the nub and rubber but also check your barrels not loose and in line as you haven't got the clip in

Comment

It may just be a case of 'breaking it in', that would be my guess.
          Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

well today i took the hop apart again, i replaced the hop rubber with a new one and removed the H nub and replaced with a gaurder one and it seems to have done the trick, it snow firing how i want it to.. thanks for the reply's guys
            Mitch

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

frostyairsofter Used to be a multicam addict! Now i run low drag and simple... Find out more about frostyairsofter
            Working...
            X