11.1lipo meets Ares Tavor ( tar-21 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.1lipo meets Ares Tavor ( tar-21 )

Ok I have an Ares Tavor that actually fully works and runs smooth the only issue is it gets through 2-3 Mini Nimh (batteries a game 8.4-9.6v 1500mah) a day where as my old TM AK47 could live on one battery a day.

My friend is a Lipo fan and I'm looking into some new batteries as the ones I have could just be getting worn out and I'm considering going to Lipo, but would like to up the fire rate as well on the Tar so was looking at an 11.1v Lipo but don't know if the gun will handle it with out destroying itself as standard or will I need to upgrade the internals or should I just stick on 7.4v Lipo ?

The gun is on deans and fires at 340-344fps on 0.2's everything is greased fine and all fitted fine with no snags or squeezing it has a solid air seal just got some bearing bushes to put in it but other then that and the fact the batteries could be worn ( 8 months old ) or over charged as I have left them with friends to charge previously and one of them admitted to leaving them trickle charging for around 12 hours I can't see why it would eat through them.

Thanks Dan

Re: 11.1lipo meets Ares Tavor ( tar-21 )

tbh 11.1 will eat the ares gearbox , piston head would be the first thing to go , micro switch would not last long go the list goes on.

try and borrow a fresh battery and see how long it lasts , but tbh since you have just had some bearings fitted i would look at the shimming first and stick to a 7.4lipo if you do swap over
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

The shims are fine all gears sit smooth I already went mechanically over the gun and everything seems good.

I am an electronics engineer and done a full re wire in the gun as well.

I was looking at a 7.4lipo as they fit smoother in the Tar but as the price is not a massive difference I was considering an 11.1v but as I'm not a Lipo user at the moment is there anything I should be aware of besides the normal dont let them die ?

Comment

Treat Lipo's as a bomb. They can be dangerous if used carelessly obviously and it goes without saying to only EVER charge them when your around. I know your an electronics engineer and I don't want to patronise you but over caution with them is never a bad thing, even the best of us get careless. I personally bought a fire proof Lipo bag and Lipo moniter for when I'm charging them to add to their safety, as a quick youtube search can demonstrate how quickly they burn up, which can burn your house down or cost you your life.
        It's an expensive investment in itself because I would recommend getting a semi-decent charger at the least, they do make a big difference. Apart from the obvious stuff there is one thing, think twice if you keep a spare on you when your playing a game. It's unlikely but very possible that your spare battery can get hit ingame and malfunction, either straight away, when you put it in the gun and power is drawn, or when you go back home to charge it. As you would have no idea it could catch you out, although it might not be best to have a spare on you I get away with slipping one behind a mid-cap.

*PS. If you ever purchase a fireproof bag (which I would recommend) DON'T put your hand in it. Something inside them with fire retardant qualities reacted with my skin real bad and made it blotchy and itchy for a few days. Im not allergic to anything so it could have the same affect on others, don't make the same mistake .

Comment

i've been running 11.1 lipo's for a few years and yes there is an increase in ware and tear,if you bear in mind the extra rate of fire then there must be more ware,a mosfet will protect the switch and just use shorter bursts.no matter what means you use to up the rof there will always be more ware,people blame a lipo where the same damage would occur with use of a hi-speed motor to achieve the same results .

Comment

Have you tried taking to a battery maker to see if you can get a 8.4/9.6 2000+ mini battery I know they do make them as they have done for me in the past pm me if you want details

Comment

I prefer single shot but like a spray now and then but at the moment it seems slow on full auto but I have a very fast trigger response.
              So I figured a larger battery would be good and Lipo as they are meant to be better all round batteries

Comment

What connectors you using if you want a faster response some ppl find deans are better

Comment

I'm already on Deans connectors like I said tho the response is really good just life of the batteries last only a couple of hours.
                  Go full auto you hear it slowing after a long burst ( 30-40 rounds )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dantakular I'm Dan, just Dan Find out more about Dantakular
                  Working...
                  X