High ROF - Short Stroking Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High ROF - Short Stroking Advice?

Element make great stuff, also the JG motor is great.

I'm not a fan of really high rof, as I don't see the point, but 25rps isn't that high, you might be able to get that by sticking in a 11.1v Lipo rather than messing about with all sorts of other stuff. Otherwise, I take it you've done the simple stuff like, lighten the piston, making sure shimming is OK etc?

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
      If your gonna get another motor, just get an Element, they're very good
      I recently posted a new thread about the Element Max Speed motor which I bought about a week ago. Only lasted 120 shots before burning out so I had to send it back to the retailer. They are sending me another one back (torque version this time) so we will see what happens when I get the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
        I recently posted a new thread about the Element Max Speed motor which I bought about a week ago. Only lasted 120 shots before burning out so I had to send it back to the retailer. They are sending me another one back (torque version this time) so we will see what happens when I get the new one.
        keep hearing dodgey reports on all the clone motors nowadays (SHS/element etc)...has the qc gone downhill or something?
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

No idea, but the retailer said he has checked the new motor before sending it to me to make sure its not another DOA. Maybe the demand has gone up and now the quality has gone down as a result?

Comment

All the replies are much appreciated!

I have just finished rebuilding the gearbox and this is actually the first time I have actually installed a new gearset and done a shim job. I recorded a video and just wanted to get peoples opinions on what it sounds like as I have nothing to compare it to. I know this is not a great measure but what the heck. Bear in mind this is obviously not quick at all but it was done with a shitty 8.4v undercharged battery I had lying around.

Thanks alot!

Comment

Sounds OK, but it's not that fast. Are you going to be using a bigger battery than a 8.4v? If so put up a new video with that battery and let us hear what it will really sound like.

Comment

Yeah I was going to use a 9.6v nimh and will look into lipos aswell. Here is a video of it with the 9.6v battery. I have recorded the sound on audacity and it's getting approx 27 rps.

Comment

Definitely higher than your first video! Nicely done sir My M4 stubby is doing 15 rps at the moment so this thread has been very useful. Just need a high torque motor and removed a few teeth.

Which motor did you use in the end and how many teeth did you remove?

Cheers!

Comment

Fitted an SHS high torque to a SCAR the other day - thing runs absolutely fine Definitely getting one for my m4 when i stick some 16:1 gears in it
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I used the G&P M120 in the end and it doesn't seem to struggle at all. I can't compare it to a high torque motor but I would comfortable say you would get away with the M120. I ended up short stroking 2 teeth from the sector gear (pick up side) and 2 teeth from the piston (release side) and also I corrected the AOE with a sorbo pad and removing the second and 1/2 the third tooth on the pick up side of the piston.

Short stroking the piston was a bit of a ball ache as I had one with one metal tooth so I had to remove the metal tooth (slide it out) dremel down 2 poly teeth, create guides for the metal tooth to slide back in and make a spacer to put on the end to cover the gap. I then used araldite to secure it. I would advise you to get a piston with at least 3 metal teeth as you can just grind off the last two teeth and job done. Remember the release tooth should always be metal!

Comment

I should also mention that the modify gears are great to shim because the part of the bevel gear that comes into contact with the spur gear is much longer than on other gear sets. The bevel gear is missing the gap under the anti-reversal notches (if that makes sense) and makes it up in extra gear space. This means that you can shim bevel to pinion while also keeping the spur gear and sector lower for maximum meshing of all gears AND of the sector and piston. Therefore I would recommend them to anyone!

Comment

Flash is finally working on my computer and I've just seen the vid - that is very impressive webbjay (I am a bit of a high rof virgin though) - definitely going to give this a go.

I'd be going with:
                          SHS 3 Tooth Piston
                          SHS M110 Spring (410fps on a full stroke SHS cylinderset)
                          Sorbo for AOE correction
                          SHS Cylinder/Head/Nozzle
                          SHS 16:1 Gears
                          SHS High Torque
                          Guarder Polycarb Pistonhead

Grab a chrono and shortstroke away! Can anyone see any problems with this list of parts?
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                            Flash is finally working on my computer and I've just seen the vid - that is very impressive webbjay (I am a bit of a high rof virgin though) - definitely going to give this a go.

I'd be going with:
                            SHS 3 Tooth Piston
                            SHS M110 Spring (410fps on a full stroke SHS cylinderset)
                            Sorbo for AOE correction
                            SHS Cylinder/Head/Nozzle
                            SHS 16:1 Gears
                            SHS High Torque
                            Guarder Polycarb Pistonhead

Grab a chrono and shortstroke away! Can anyone see any problems with this list of parts?
                            Two.
                            1) You should be getting the 13:1 gears instead.
                            2) If you intend to short stroke more than two teeth then you might as well get the 14 tooth piston...

Otherwise you're all good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

webbjay Find out more about webbjay
                            Working...
                            X