ICS 552 upgrade recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS 552 upgrade recomendations

Right I picked this gun up a few days ago, it's in fantastic nick, and is pretty acurate at circa 25m (can hit a head size target 7 times out of 10)
    Seems to have an overall range of about 50 or so meters.
    The barrel is about 230mm as standard (no idea on bore)

So far for upgrades i've got coming are a 363mm 2.03 black python V2 barrel
    Madbull Shark 60 Degree Accelerator Hop rubber (Red)
    Element H-Hop
    and a 140mm silencer.
    These are on order ready to fit.

Not to sure on fps yet, will get this checked soon.
    It's also got a mosfet installed and am running 1450mah 7.4v li-po.

Can anyone recomend me any other upgrades to help with range and accuracy?

Cheers

Pez
    G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
    -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Re: ICS 552 upgrade recomendations

You have all the components to achieve good/better accuracy, but you'll only be a small amount of the accuracy you could get if you take time to make sure everything is consistent. Accuracy will come from consistency, so you want your air seal to be as good as possible, i'd get an air seal nozzle just to ensure no air leaks, Teflon tape around the join from cylinder to cylinder head. Then you want to really minimise vibration in your barrel and i think its a shame you decided to extend the barrel through the silencer as the end will just be loose and will vibrate a lot, but as you've decided to go with that, you need to make sure the barrel is well supported inside the silencer to prevent vibration. Also, make sure your hop up is centred and not moving around at all. Just remember that the key here is consistency (air seal must be maximised and movement minimised)

Comment

Cheers for that
      I'm sure I can find some way to secure the barrle in the silencer.
      I'll look at the air seal too.
      G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74

Comment

Well I fitted it all today and took it down to EAG dorking to crono it and try it out for accuracy.
        Range and accuracy were awefull
        The red bucking was riduculously tight in the hop unit and I think it might have been pulled out of shape slightly, was a real pig to get in, even with copious silicone spray.
        Got the ICS black bucking and nub back in for now, will give it a go tomorrow.

Comment

Ive never got onwith mad bull rubbers, i always found he shot like crap and were a bugger to install. TM or Firefly are my favourites with ptfe tape wrapping.
          You may have found that eNge was affected by the ilicone prY and bedding in the rubber. Did you wipe off th excess oil after an lean the barrel out so it was dry?

Comment

Gave the barrel a good clean and put a couple of mags through it, seems much better now
            Range has improved slightly accuracy a tad as well.

Just stuck the other bucking in my jg g36 backup, will give that a whirl tomorrow see if it's done anything with that one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pezza Find out more about Pezza
            Working...
            X